|Comune di Forino|
|Frazioni||Castello, Celzi, Petruro|
|• Mayor||Antonio Olivieri|
|• Total||20.39 km2 (7.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||420 m (1,380 ft)|
(31 December 2017)
|• Density||260/km2 (680/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Nicholas of Bari|
|Saint day||6 December|
On 8 May 663 AD the town was the scene of a battle between the Byzantine army of Constans II and the Lombard army of Romuald I of Benevento, son of Grimoald I and duke of Benevento. According to legend, St. Michael made an apparition in this battle on the side of the Lombards. After this crushing defeat, Constans retired to Naples and gave up his attempts to expel the Lombards from south Italy.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- (in Italian) Source: Istat 2010
- (in Italian) General infos about Forino (frazioni, gentilic, population, patron saint etc) on the municipal website Archived 2012-08-22 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Italian) History of Forino on the municipal website Archived 2012-08-22 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Forino.|
- Official website (in Italian)