Forever My Girl
Forever My Girl is a 2018 American romantic (film and television)|drama film]] based off the book by Heidi McLaughlin (The Beaumont series). The movie adaptation was directed by Bethany Ashton Wolf. It follows a country music superstar (Alex Roe) who sets out to win over the girl he left at the altar eight years before (Jessica Rothe). Abby Ryder Fortson, Travis Tritt and John Benjamin Hickey also star. It was released in the United States on January 19, 2018. It received negative reviews from critics. 
|Forever My Girl|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bethany Ashton Wolf|
|Screenplay by||Bethany Ashton Wolf|
|Based on||Forever My Girl
by Heidi McLaughlin
|Music by||Brett Boyett|
|Distributed by||Roadside Attractions|
|Box office||$4.7 million|
When country music superstar Liam Page (Roe) returns to his hometown, he runs into Josie (Rothe), the bride he had left at the altar, choosing fame and fortune instead. Their relationship was left unresolved as he never got over her or forgot his Southern roots in the small community where he was born and raised. While there for the funeral of his high school best friend, he is faced with the consequences of all that he left behind.
The film opened on January 19, 2018 and grossed $4.7 million from 1,115 theaters in its opening weekend, finishing 10th.
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 18% based on 38 reviews, and an average rating of 4.2/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Forever My Girl offers a suitably picturesque placeholder for romance fans."  On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 36 out of 100, based on 18 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A" on an A+ to F scale.
- "Forever My Girl (2018)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 21, 2018.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (November 7, 2017). "Forever My Girl Trailer, a Country Superstar reconnects with His Southern Roots in Family Romance". Deadline.com. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (April 25, 2017). "Alex Roe-Jessica Rothe's Romantic Drama 'Forever My Girl' Lands at Roadside". Variety. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (April 25, 2017). "'Forever My Girl' Acquired By Roadside Attractions for October Bow". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Jeff Giles (January 18, 2018). "12 Strong is a Little Flimsy". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (January 21, 2018). "January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens". Deadline.com. Retrieved January 21, 2018.
- "Forever My Girl (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- "Forever My Girl reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 21, 2018.