Ford Mondeo (fourth generation)
|Ford Mondeo (fourth generation, CD391)|
|Also called||Ford Fusion (North America)|
|Assembly||Almussafes, Valencia, Spain (Valencia Body & Assembly)|
Chongqing, China (Changan Ford)
|Designer||Chris Hamilton, Kemal Curic (2010), Dillon Blanski (2010, 2013)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Large family car (D)|
|Body style||4-door saloon|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel-drive/four-wheel-drive|
|Platform||Ford CD4 platform|
|Related||Ford Fusion Energi|
Ford Taurus (seventh generation)
1.0 L 125 PS EcoBoost I3
1.5 L 160 PS EcoBoost I4
1.5 L 165 PS EcoBoost I4
2.0 L 203 PS EcoBoost I4
2.0 L 240 PS EcoBoost I4
1.6L 115 PS Duratorq I4
1.5L 120 PS Duratorq I4
2.0L 150 PS Duratorq I4
2.0L 180 PS EcoBlue I4
2.0L 210 PS EcoBlue twin-turbo I4
2.0L Atkinson cycle Duratec I4 and electric motor, 187 PS combined
6-speed 6F35 automatic
6-speed 6DCT450 dual-clutch
|Wheelbase||2,850 mm (112.2 in)|
|Length||4,869 mm (191.7 in)|
|Width||1,852 mm (72.9 in)|
|Height||1,476 mm (58.1 in)|
|Curb weight||1,507–1,554 kg (3,322–3,426 lb)|
|Predecessor||Ford Mondeo (third generation)|
Ford Falcon (Australia Model)
With a design team based in Detroit for the planning and global launch phase, the new model takes many styling cues from the previous generation Ford Mondeo, and previous generation American Ford Fusion.
Like the newest redesigns of the Focus and Fiesta before it, the new Mondeo is set on a global platform shared with the now-identical Fusion sold in North America. However, the Fusion name was used in South Africa, despite the Mondeo having been previously sold in that country.
At the 2012 Paris Motor Show, Ford confirmed product details, and delayed the European launch from early summer 2013 to late autumn 2014 to address quality issues in ramping up production of the fourth-generation Mondeo receiving updates. It was later explained that European sales of the latest Mondeo would be delayed by "at least a year" because of the closure in 2013 of the Ford plant at Genk, which is where previous generations of the car had been produced for the European markets.
In October 2014, the fourth-generation Mondeo finally appeared in Europe, manufactured in Valencia, powered by a range of four-cylinder engines offering 160-240 PS (118-176 kW) for the petrol/gasoline-powered cars and 115-180 PS (82-132 kW) for diesel buyers. The smaller three-cylinder "Econetic" 125-PS unit was scheduled for 2015 and there was also talk of a four-wheel-drive version scheduled for a future date.
Since 2018, the 1.5L EcoBoost engine has a maximum output power of 165-PS
Ford has officially denied rumors about killing the Mondeo and the closely related S-Max and Galaxy MPVs in Europe 
For the Australian market, the Mondeo line up for 2020 has been culled to only the base Ambiente, with added active safety features from prior high-grade variants, and larger alloy wheels. This is before the Mondeo will be completely discontinued in Australia.
The range does not include five- or six-cylinder engines, and on launch will have a complete range of Ford EcoBoost engines. From September 2013, Ford added a three-cylinder 123-bhp Ecoboost, claimed to produce 125 g/km of CO2 emissions. In 2014, a hybrid equipped with a lithium-ion battery pack and a 185-bhp Atkinson cycle 2.0-litre petrol engine was added .
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-31. Retrieved 2014-01-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Goods, IDRAW Creative. "IDRAW Features: Next up, Dillon Blanski - Exterior Designer at Ford Motor Company".
- Julian Rendell (6 September 2012). "2013 Ford Mondeo - full details revealed, updated gallery". Autocar. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- 2015 FORD FUSION RINGS THE CHANGES, CAR, 15 July 2014
- "Ford Mondeo kommt ein Jahr später". autobild.de. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Großer Fortrschritt?: Vor zwei Jahren stellte Ford seinen neuen Mondeo vor. Nach langem Anlauf in den USA kommt das Auto jetzt nach Deutschland. Und kann, was alle können sollen. Oder noch etwas mehr? .... Das Warten hat sich gelohnt. Trotz der Verzoegerung zeigt sich die Mittelklasse taufrisch...". Auto Motor u. Sport. Heft. 12 2014: 174–179. 16 October 2014.
- Anthony Karr (2018-09-04). "More Rumors Suggest The Ford Mondeo Will Be Discontinued [UPDATE]". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- "Ford Mondeo axed from mid-2020 | CarAdvice". CarAdvice.com. Retrieved 2019-12-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ford Mondeo Mk V.|