Foothills Mall is an indoor regional shopping mall located in Maryville, Tennessee. Foothills Mall features approximately 70 stores and restaurants. Adjacent to the mall is the Foothills Plaza complex which includes several additional restaurants and a Kroger.
|Location||Maryville, Tennessee, United States|
|Address||Junction of US 129 & US 411|
|Developer||CBL & Associates|
|Management||Urban Retail Properties|
|Owner||Time Equities Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||70 stores|
|No. of anchor tenants||6 (3 open, 3 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||478,768 square feet (44,479.0 m2) |
|No. of floors||1|
Opened in 1983, Foothills Mall is the only shopping mall in suburban Blount County, part of the Knoxville Metropolitan Area. The mall was originally anchored by Maryville-based Proffitt's, a regional department store; Miller's, another regional department store that was a division of Allied Stores; JCPenney; and Sears, which closed in February 2019. Proffitt's and Miller's no longer exist. The original Proffitt's space is now used by Belk, while the former Miller's/Hess's was demolished in 2011 to accommodate a new movie theater.
The mall was renovated in 2006.
On June 4, 2020, JCPenney announced that it would close in October 2020 as part of a plan to close 154 stores nationwide. After JCPenney closed, AMC Theatres, Belk, and TJ Maxx are the only remaining anchor stores left.
- ^ "Foothills Mall ::: Maryville ::: TN".
- ^ "Foothills Mall Fact Sheet". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- ^ "Foothills Mall, Tennessee (Maryville) | hours, store directory". www.mallsandstores.info.
- ^ "JCPenney Store Closings – Penney IP LLC".
Coordinates: 35°44′48″N 83°59′49″W / 35.746790°N 83.996986°W
- ^ Staff (March 14, 2013). "Dumplin Creek development sold; project may move forward". WBIR-TV. Retrieved December 22, 2021.