The Font Bureau, Inc. or Font Bureau is a digital type foundry based in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The foundry is one of the leading designers of typefaces, specializing in type designs for magazine and newspaper publishers.
Font Bureau was founded in 1989 by Roger Black and David Berlow. Before founding Font Bureau, Roger Black was an established publications designer and consultant. David Berlow is a noted type designer. The New York Times Magazine, Newsweek, Esquire Magazine, Rolling Stone  and the Wall Street Journal rank among Font Bureau's client list.  Apart from Black and Berlow, other prominent designers at Font Bureau have included Tobias Frere-Jones, later of Hoefler & Frere-Jones and Frere-Jones Type, and Cyrus Highsmith, later of Occupant Fonts and Morisawa. Matthew Carter has been a frequent collaborator with the foundry. 
In October 2009, news sources reported that Font Bureau was "suing NBC Universal for at least $2 million over the entertainment company's use of its fonts."  Font Bureau claimed NBC broke its license agreement in its use of the fonts Antenna, Bureau Grotesque and Interstate in marketing material.
Following the launch of Type Network in 2016, Font Bureau foundry would begin to focus primarily on type design and custom services, while the company's font licensing business, font development activities, and retail shop would be relocated to Type Network.
- Webtype.com: It is a joint venture by The Font Bureau, Inc. and Ascender Corporation. On August 17, 2010, The Font Bureau, Inc. and Ascender Corporation announced Webtype.com, a new venture to serve web designers and developers with publication-quality fonts to improve the typography and readability of websites.
- Type Network: It is a joint venture of Font Bureau, Webtype, Petr van Blokland Studio, and Type Network's foundry partners, opened in June 01, 2016.
- Morisawa Inc.: Japan-based typeface foundry owned by Font Bureau.
The following foundry types were issued by Font Foundry:
- Keene, Cindy Atoji (May 25, 2008). "From A to Z, font designer knows his type". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- NBC Universal in $2M fight over use of fonts
- Koppel, Nathan (October 9, 2009). "NBC Hit With Font Infringement Suit (Of All Things)". The Wall Street Journal Blogs. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Font Bureau and partners launch Type Network
- Font Bureau library now available exclusively on Type Network
- New Web Font Service Launched by Partnership of Experts
- Introducing Type Network: type for designers
- "Foundry Type Fonts of German Type Foundries at the End of the Nazi Era Pro" (PDF). Ulrich Stiehl. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2011-11-09.