Folk Radio UK
Folk Radio UK, based in Somerset, is an independent online folk music magazine founded in 2004. The music covered includes but is not limited to Folk - both Traditional and Contemporary, American Primitive, Celtic music, British folk music and World Music. Its founder and owner is Alex Gallacher who is also the editor-in-chief.
It launched a new radio channel on Deezer as a specialist folk music channel in 2012. Folk Radio UK reached the finals of the Scots Trad Music Awards in 2014 in the media category. In July 2017 it launched a dedicated weekly folk show on British online music streaming service Mixcloud. It has also curated playlists on Spotify which are updated regularly.
- "Pirate radio: How today's rebels have exchanged the North Sea for coffee shops and restaurants". The Independent. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "Radiohead – The Radio 2 Folk Awards". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "About Folk Radio UK". Folk Radio UK. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Deezer Announces Partnership with Folk Radio UK". Folk Radio UK. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Jones, Rhian (28 November 2012). "Deezer partners with Folk Radio UK for specialist radio channel". Music Week. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "MG ALBA Scots Trad Music Awards 2014 – The Nominees! – Scots Trad Music Awards". projects.handsupfortrad.scot. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "The Folk Radio UK Folk Show – Ep. 1 |". Folk Radio UK – Folk Music Magazine. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.