Focus on the Important (Croatian: Fokus na bitno) or just Focus (Croatian: Fokus) is a minor political party in Croatia. It was founded by independent politicians and entrepreneurs from the Zagreb County area.
|Founded||27 March 2020|
|Headquarters||Savska cesta 41|
|Political position||Centre to centre-right|
|Colours|| Light blue|
1 / 151
0 / 12
0 / 21
3 / 128
The First President of the party is Davor Nađi, at the time deputy mayor of Sveta Nedelja (previously a member for Croatian People's Party – Liberal Democrats, HNS–LD). The party elected Ivan Gulam, mayor of Pirovac (also formerly of HNS–LD), as Deputy Leader, and Dario Vrbaslija, president of the Slatina town council (ran locally as an independent, before that a member of Croatian Democratic Union, HDZ), as party Vice President.
Focus first participated in the 2020 Croatian parliamentary elections in coalition with SIP (led by Dalija Orešković) and Pametno, with the alliance winning three seats in the Sabor, one each. The candidate elected from the Focus list was Dario Zurovec, mayor of Sveta Nedjelja, in District VII. Since December 2020, his seat is occupied by party leader Davor Nađi, who acts as deputy representative.
The basic messages that the party advocates with its program are:
- Lower taxes (with the model used in Estonia given as an example) and regulatory burdens.
- Fewer employees in the government administration with increased efficiency, transparency and the introduction of digital transformation.
- Adapting to climate change through the concept of a green economy based on innovation and investments in infrastructure.
|Coalition totals||Coalition totals|
3 / 151
- "Izvješće o obavljenoj financijskoj reviziji - Fokus za 2020" (PDF). State Audit Office (in Croatian). 26 November 2021. Retrieved 17 August 2022.
- "Osnovana nova stranka, Fokus, evo koji su joj glavni ciljevi u političkom djelovanju". tportal.hr. HINA. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
- "Davor Nađi (Fokus)". Sabor.hr. Croatian Sabor. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
- "Lokalni izbori - rezultati". Privremeni rezultati lokalnih izbora. Državno izborno povjerenstvo. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
- "Program stranke". Fokus na bitno. Retrieved 22 May 2021.