Flying Over Sunset
Flying Over Sunset is a musical with music by Tom Kitt, lyrics by Michael Korie, and book by James Lapine. The musical is a fictional account of a meeting between Aldous Huxley, Clare Boothe Luce and Cary Grant, who all used the drug LSD.
|Flying Over Sunset|
|Premiere||2020: Lincoln Centre Theatre|
Readings (2015 and 2016)Edit
The musical had a reading in August 2015 at the Vineyard Arts Project (Martha's Vineyard) with Christine Ebersole playing Luce, and a cast featuring Boyd Gaines, Julia Murney, Tam Mutu and David Turner.
The musical will premiere on Broadway at the Vivian Beaumont Theater on April 16, 2020, following previews from March 12. The cast will include Carmen Cusack as Clare Boothe Luce, Harry Hadden-Paton as Aldous Huxley, and Tony Yazbeck as Cary Grant. The musical will be directed by Lapine with choreography by Michelle Dorrance, sets by Beowulf Boritt, costumes by Toni-Leslie James, lighting by Bradley King, and sound by Dan Moses Schreier.
- Theater, Lincoln Center. "Flying Over Sunset". Lincoln Center Theater. Retrieved 2019-08-28.
- Viagas, Robert (April 14, 2016). "James Lapine, Tom Kitt and Michael Korie Working on New Musical About LSD". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-08-28.
- Nadler, Holly (September 2, 2015). "Flying Over Sunset lifts off at the Vineyard Arts Project". Martha's Vineyard Times.
- Viagas, Robert (July 29, 2016). "Marin Mazzie Toplines Today's Reading of James Lapine's LSD Musical". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-08-28.
- Clement, Olivia (August 20, 2019). "Carmen Cusack, Harry Hadden-Paton, and Tony Yazbeck to Lead Cast of New Broadway Musical Flying Over Sunset". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-08-28.