Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Carlos Baldomir
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Carlos Baldomir, billed as Pretty Risky, was a boxing match for the World Boxing Council and The Ring (magazine) Welterweight titles. The bout was held on November 4, 2006, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event also featured Robert Guerrero vs. Orlando Salido for the International Boxing Federation Featherweight title. Floyd Mayweather won this bout by a unanimous decision.
|Date||November 4, 2006|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino|
|Title(s) on the line||World Boxing Council and The Ring (magazine) Welterweight Championships|
|Tale of the tape|
|Floyd Mayweather via unanimous 12 round decision win.|
Prior to the bout, Mayweather held the IBF Welterweight Title. Mayweather was slated to fight the WBO Welterweight Champion Antonio Margarito in a unification fight but turned down the prospective fight as he and then-promoter, Bob Arum, disagreed on the prize purse. This led to Mayweather buying out his contract under Top Rank.
Mayweather expressed a desire to fight then-WBC Junior Middleweight Champion Oscar De La Hoya and so Mayweather relinquished his IBF Welterweight Title in anticipation of the mega bout. Subsequently, the vacant IBF Welterweight Title was won by Kermit Cintron.
325,000 pay-per-view buys, $16.3 million in television revenue.
- . BoxRec.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-14
- Rafael, Dan (April 26, 2006). "Mayweather turns down $8 million to fight Margarito". ESPN. Retrieved August 16, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Rafael, Dan (October 28, 2006). "Cintron beats Suarez for vacant IBF welterweight title". ABS-CBN Sports. Retrieved August 16, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Rafael, Dan (June 19, 2006). "De La Hoya won't fight Mayweather in fall, may retire". ESPN. Retrieved August 16, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- . ESPN. Retrieved on 2011-12-14