Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Andre Berto
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Andre Berto, billed as "High Stakes", was a professional boxing fight, contested for the welterweight championship. The bout was held on September 12, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Showtime PPV Mayweather Jr. confirmed his retirement after the bout.
|Date||September 12, 2015|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|Title(s) on the line||WBA (Super), WBC, The Ring and lineal welterweight titles|
|Tale of the tape|
|Mayweather Jr. wins by unanimous decision|
Mayweather dominated the fight, landing an impressive 56% [232/410] punches thrown, and 67% of power punches [132/196] compared to Berto's underwhelming number of 16% [83/495] punches landed and 22% [39/177] of power punches thrown. Mayweather won the fight, 120-108, 118-110 and 117-111.
|Welterweight||Floyd Mayweather Jr. (c)||def.||Andre Berto||UD||12/12|
|Super Middleweight||Badou Jack (c)||def.||George Groves||SD||12/12|
|Super Featherweight||Román Martínez (c)||draws||Orlando Salido||SD||12/12|
|Super Welterweight||Vanes Martirosyan||def.||Ishe Smith||MD||10/10|
|Super Featherweight||Jonathan Oquendo||def.||Jhonny González||MD||10/10|
|Middleweight||Christopher Pearson||def.||Janks Trotter||TKO||7/10|
|Super Middleweight||Ronald Gavril||def.||Scott Sigmon||RTD||8/10|
|Welterweight||Ashley Theophane||def.||Steve Upsher Chambers||UD||10/10|
The telecast of the fight was televised via Showtime PPV, with its price set at US$64.99. For the first time in Showtime history, viewers were also able to purchase and watch the PPV online through the CBS website; those who purchase the fight online also received a free 3-month subscription to CBS All Access. The move to offer the fight online by official means was considered to be in response to the unauthorized redistribution of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.
Estimates reported the number of PPV buys for the fight to be around 400,000, which was the lowest for a Mayweather fight in almost a decade.
- "Mayweather officially fighting Andre Berto". TMZ.com. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "Ellerbe confirms Mayweather will be retiring after Berto".
- Loop, Nate. "Results and Punch Stats from Mayweather vs. Berto". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "Floyd Mayweather 'ends career' undefeated after one-sided victory over Andre Berto". Guardian. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Floyd Mayweather (49-0) decisions Andre Berto in one-sided send-off". ESPN. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Mayweather beats Berto: Re-live round-by-round coverage from MGM Grand of record-breaking Money Man's 49th and final bout before retirement". Daily Mail. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "CBS to Live Stream Showtime's Mayweather-Berto Fight". Variety. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "The pay per view numbers for Mayweather-Berto are not good". Awful Announcing. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
|This boxing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|