Florencio Castelló (1905 – 23 August 1986) was a Spanish actor, known for participating in the Golden Age of Mexican cinema, acting alongside personalities of Mexican cinema such as Pedro Infante and Cantinflas. He usually played roles of Spaniard with an Andalusian accent.
|Died||23 August 1986 (aged 80–81)|
|Occupation(s)||Film, television and voice actor|
|Years active||1941–1986 (film)|
He left Spain in 1936 fleeing the civil war in his country, joining a theater company in which he performed Andalusian works, which toured throughout Latin America until in 1939 he arrived in Mexico.
He also served as a voice actor, being known for voicing Mr. Jinks in the Latin American Spanish dub (done in Mexico) of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon series Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks, also using his Andalusian accent.
- Neither Blood nor Sand (1941)
- Dos mexicanos en Sevilla (1942)
- Simón Bolívar (1942)
- El verdugo de Sevilla (1942)
- ¡Así se quiere en Jalisco! (1942)
- Santa (1943)
- Escándalo de estrellas (1944)
- Gangsters Versus Cowboys (1948)
- Tía Candela (1948)
- Lost (1950)
- Azahares para tu boda (1950)
- También de dolor se canta (1950)
- Port of Temptation (1951)
- Canasta uruguaya (1951)
- Las locuras de Tin-Tan (1952)
- Here Comes Martin Corona (1952)
- El Enamorado (1952)
- Sombrero (1953)
- You Had To Be a Gypsy (1953)
- Camelia (1954)
- Tú y las nubes (1955)
- Barefoot Sultan (1956)
- A sablazo limpio (1958)
- Dos corazones y un cielo (1959)
- The Miracle Roses (1960)
- The Black Bull (1960)
- Adventures of Joselito and Tom Thumb (1960)
- Vacations in Acapulco (1961)
- The White Horse (1962)
- The Exterminating Angel (1962)
- El padrecito (1964)
- La casa de las muchachas (1969)
- The Holy Office (1974)
- The Bricklayer (1975)
- "Florencio Castelló". ABC Play (in Spanish).
- "Florencio Castelló". La Tremenda Corte (in Spanish).
- Iwasaki, Fernando (12 December 2020). "Florencio Castelló, un actor de dibujos animados" [Florencio Castelló, a cartoon actor]. ABC de Sevilla (in Spanish).
- Rodrigo, Borja (19 August 2018). "La voz andaluza de los dibujos animados (doblados en latino) que veías en los 80" [The Andalusian voice of cartoons (dubbed in Latin [American Spanish]) that you saw in the 80s]. El Confidencial (in Spanish).