Florence (CDP), Wisconsin
Florence is an unincorporated census-designated place in and the county seat of Florence County, Wisconsin, United States. Florence is located in northern Florence County, in the town of Florence. Florence has a post office with ZIP code 54121. The community was named a census-designated place in 2010. As of the 2010 census, its population was 592.
Looking west at downtown Florence
|• Total||1.783 sq mi (4.62 km2)|
|• Land||1.704 sq mi (4.41 km2)|
|• Water||0.079 sq mi (0.20 km2)|
|Elevation||1,306 ft (398 m)|
|• Density||330/sq mi (130/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|GNIS feature ID||1565079|
Florence is located at Northern Highland region of Wisconsin near the Michigan border. Fisher Lake is located to the south of the community, and Fisher Creek runs to its east. The community of Commonwealth is 1 mile (1.6 km) south of Florence. The nearest city to Florence is Iron Mountain, which is 11.5 miles (18.5 km) to the southeast; Florence County has no incorporated communities. US Highway 2 and US Highway 141 run through the community, and Wisconsin Highway 70 and Wisconsin Highway 101 terminate in western Florence; County Highway N also serves the community.at an elevation of 1,306 feet (398 m). Florence is situated in the
Florence High School is the area's public high school.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florence, Wisconsin.|
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Florence (CDP), Wisconsin
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ZIP Code Lookup
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Florence Census Designated Place
- "American FactFinder". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Florence County Map (pdf) (Map). Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-08-29.