FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction
FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction is an action racing video game developed by Team6 Game Studios and published by Strategy First. Unlike most other titles before it in the FlatOut series, it was not developed by Bugbear Entertainment and the only one not published outside the digital market. The game was released worldwide on 13 December 2011.
|FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction|
Logo of FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction
|Developer(s)||Team6 Game Studios|
FlatOut 3 is one of the two games Edge has ever given a score of one out of ten to in its history (the other being Kabuki Warriors). Eurogamer also gave it a one out of ten score and criticised all aspects of the game, especially the controls and the AI. It also lamented the fall from grace of the FlatOut series as a whole and summed up the review by saying, "You could go mad trying to rationalise Flatout 3. It is not bad in the way that a game like Boiling Point is bad, where things coalesce into a kind of awful greatness. This is a tacky and technically incompetent production with no redeeming features whatsoever, devoid of fun and an insult to the name it bears. Flatout once burned bright, but now is gone - and if there is a driving hell, this is surely it." GamesMaster also gave the game one out of ten and said, "Some games are so bad they're good (for a laugh, at least). FlatOut 3 is just plain bad." GameSpot gave the game its highest score by giving it five out of ten, praising the Demolition mode and the wide range of game modes, but like in other reviews the AI, controls and the bad collision detection were criticised.
- "FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- Edge Staff (February 2012). "FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction review". Edge. Future Publishing (237).
- Stanton, Rich (5 January 2012). "Flatout 3: Chaos & Destruction Review". Eurogamer. Gamer Network. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction". GamesMaster: 102. March 2012.
- Meunier, Nathan (22 December 2011). "FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- Mahood, Andy (24 December 2011). "Flatout 3: Chaos & Destruction Review". GameSpy. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction". PC Gamer UK. Future Publishing: 72. April 2012.
- Howard, Luciano (20 January 2012). "Flatout 3: Chaos & Destruction - PC Review". The Digital Fix. Poisonous Monkey. Retrieved 5 September 2015.