Five Ten Footwear
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Five Ten is a German manufacturer of mountain biking, climbing, and trail hiking shoes. Originally an American brand founded in California in 1985 by Charles Cole, Five Ten became one of the top-selling climbing shoe manufacturers worldwide by October 2011.
|Charles Cole, Founder|
|Products||Athletic shoes, Climbing shoes|
In November 2011, Adidas purchased the company for $25 million USD in cash. The company's headquarters are now located at Adidas' headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany, as it is now officially a sub-brand of Adidas Outdoor as of April 2020. 
Five Ten actively sponsors events and athletes.
Five Ten has a number of professional athletes and teams to focus attention on their products. Five Ten has signed top athletes such as professional rock climbers Shauna Coxsey, Dave Graham, Janja Garnbret, Sasha DiGiulian, Tyler Landman, and Ammon McNeely as well as mountain bikers Sam Hill and Nathan Rennie in addition to top athletes in other sports.
Five Ten also sponsors events related to mountain biking and climbing.
- Roy, Adam (November 4, 2011). "What does the adidas-Five Ten buyout mean for climbers?". Outside. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "adidas Group to acquire outdoor specialist Five Ten". Archived from the original on 2013-03-25.
- Siemers, Erik (November 3, 2011). "Adidas buys outdoor brand Five Ten for $25M". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "Adidas Five Ten landing page". adidasoutdoor.com. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "Five Ten on Modern Marvels". Rock&Ice Magazine; July 27, 2007\. Archived from the original on December 13, 2007. Retrieved February 13, 2008.
- "Five Ten turns 20!". pinkbike.com; November 2, 2005\.
- Scott Doggett (2006-06-05). "INNOVATORS; Sticking with it; Even though it's called Stealth, the sticky rubber sole that Charles Cole developed -- and the climbing world has been clinging to -- is no secret". Los Angeles Times.
|This climbing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|