Five Ten Footwear
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Five Ten is a German manufacturer of outdoor and athletic footwear. Founded in California in 1985 by Charles Cole, Five Ten is one of the top-selling climbing shoe manufacturers worldwide. The company's headquarters are located in Herzogenaurach, Germany. In November 2011, Adidas purchased the company for $25 million USD in cash.
|Charles Cole, Founder|
Five Ten actively sponsors events and athletes.
Five Ten has a number of professional athletes and teams to focus attention on their products. Five Ten has signed top athletes such as professional rock climbers Dave Graham, Janja Garnbret, Sasha DiGiulian, Tyler Landman, and Ammon McNeely as well as mountain bikers Sam Hill and Nathan Rennie in addition to top athletes in other sports.
Five Ten also sponsors events related to the specific sports for which their products are made.
- "Outdoor Magazine website".
- "Biz Journal website".
- "adidas Group to acquire outdoor specialist Five Ten". Archived from the original on 2013-03-25.
- "Five Ten on Modern Marvels". Rock&Ice Magazine; July 27, 2007\.
- "Five Ten turns 20!". pinkbike.com; November 2, 2005\.
- Scott Doggett (2006-06-05). "INNOVATORS; Sticking with it; Even though it's called Stealth, the sticky rubber sole that Charles Cole developed -- and the climbing world has been clinging to -- is no secret". Los Angeles Times.
|This climbing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|