First International Bank
- For other banks with a similar name, see First Bank.
First International Bank & Trust started in 1910 as Farmers State Bank in Arnegard, North Dakota. In 1934 the bank moved its headquarters to Watford City, North Dakota and changed the name to First International Bank. With the steady expansion across the upper Midwest and in Arizona, their strong, service-minded bank continues to make a difference. First International Bank & Trust is owned by Watford City Bancshares, Inc., which is owned by the Stenehjem family. First International Bank & Trust is a full service, independent community bank, a member of the FDIC and an equal housing lender. First International Bank & Trust has 22 locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.
|Industry||Banking, Mortgage, Insurance, & Trust|
|Headquarters||Watford City, North Dakota|
|Steve Stenehjem, Chairman & CEO|
|Owners||Watford City Bancshares, Inc.,|
Number of employees
- 1910: Farmers State Bank established in Arnegard, ND.
- 1911: Odin Stenehjem becomes the first Farmers State Bank cashier.
- 1917: Gerhard Stenehjem becomes the first President.
- 1934: After relocating to Watford City, ND, First International Bank is born.
- 1936: O. Vincent Stenehjem starts his 50-year career as Vice President and cashier.
- 1949: Odin Stenehjem begins as President.
- 1965: Odin Stenehjem's son, Leland, steps in as President.
- 1984: The Stenehjem family acquires First National Bank of Fessenden, ND.
- 1990: First International Bank acquires Midwest Federal Savings & Loan offices in Williston, Killdeer, Minot, Harvey, and Fargo.
- 1992: Trust powers are added and the bank becomes First International Bank & Trust. Stephen Stenehjem, son of Leland, serves as President.
- 1993: First International Bank & Trust, NA, Fessenden merges with First International Bank & Trust.
- 1995: The Williston Economart office opens. Two offices in Scottsdale, AZ are acquired.
- 2000: A merger combines the two offices in Arizona with those in North Dakota.
- 2006: Farmers State Bank in Elgin, ND is acquired.
- 2007: New offices are acquired/opened in Staples and Motley, MN.
- 2008: New office is acquired/opened in Gilbert, AZ.
- 2010: First International Bank & Trust celebrates 100 years of banking!
- 2013: First International Bank & Trust expands with new locations in Minot and Williston, ND, Moorhead, MN, and Phoenix, AZ.
- 2014: First International Bank & Trust broke ground for a third location in Minot, ND.
- Watford City, ND
- Williston, ND
- Alexander, ND
- Killdeer, ND
- Minot, ND
- Harvey, ND
- Fessenden, ND
- Bowdon, ND
- Fargo, ND
- West Fargo, ND
- Elgin, ND
Products and ServicesEdit
- Credit Cards
- Online Banking
- Certificates of Deposit
- Credit Cards
- Merchant Services
Investment & Wealth Management
- 401(k) and Retirement Planning
- Mutual Funds
- Stocks & Bonds
- Estate Planning
- College Funding
- Personal Trust
- Mineral & Land Services
- Special Needs Trust
- Life & Health
- Farmer's State Bank of Arnegard 1910-1933
- First International Bank 1934-1991
- First International Bank & Trust 1992–present