Firozpur Cantonment railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Location||Station Road, near Mittal Chowk, Firozpur Cantonment, Punjab|
|Elevation||200 metres (660 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Division(s)||Firozpur railway division|
The railway stationEdit
Firozpur Cantonment railway station is at an elevation of 200 metres (660 ft) and was assigned the code – FZR.
The Southern Punjab Railway Co. opened the Delhi-Bhatinda-Samasatta line in 1897. The line passed through Muktasar and Fazilka tehsils and provided direct connection through Samma Satta (now in Pakistan) to Karachi. The extension from the Macleodganj (later renamed Mandi Sadiqganj and now in Pakistan) railway line to Ludhiana was opened by the same company in 1905.
The Firozpur Cantonment-Jalandhar City branch line was opened in 1912.
Firozpur railway division covers a large area with railway lines under its jurisdiction – covering parts of Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Following express trains originate/terminate at Firozpur Cantt.
|Train No.||Train name||Destination|
|12137 / 12138||Punjab Mail||Mumbai CST|
|13307 / 13308||Ganga Sutlej Express||Dhanbad|
|14625 / 14626||Intercity Express||Delhi Sarai Rohilla|
|19023 / 19024||Janata Express||Mumbai Central|
Fzr-Ndls shatabdi express Fzr-Durg antyodya express
- "Arrivals at Firozpur". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870-1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Chapter VII Communications". Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Punjab District Gazetteers - Kapurthala". Punjab Revenue. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Firzpur Division". Northern Railway. Retrieved 20 February 2014.