This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Created by||Sidney J. Bailey|
|Directed by||Kathi Castillo|
|Voices of||Jesse Moss|
|Narrated by||French Tickner|
|Theme music composer||Tim Kelly|
|Opening theme||"Firehouse Tales Theme"|
|Ending theme||"Firehouse Tales Theme" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
Canada (voice actors)
|Running time||11 minutes (whole)|
6 minutes (segments)
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||August 22, 2005 –|
May 7, 2006
|Related shows||Peppa Pig|
Gordon the Garden Gnome
Gerald McBoing Boing
Jay Jay the Jet Plane
Yoko! Jakamoko! Toto!
- Red (voiced by Jesse Moss) – A red firetruck and the main character in the show who never gives up. He loves nature and the outdoors but most of all, he loves making new friends. Sometimes, he is the leader of the firetruck team. Red has an orange and yellow siren. The episode, "New Truck On The Block", tells us his first day in Green Meadows. His catchphrase is, "The sirens say help's on the way!"
- Petrol (voiced by Michael Adamthwaite) – An orange firetruck from Scotland who is sometimes afraid but manages to find the courage inside himself. According to his song, "I'm Petrol the Fire Truck", he came before Crabby and Red did. Petrol has two blue sirens.
- Crabby (voiced by Richard Cox) – A grumpy yellow firetruck who sometimes complains about his job and who likes the "great indoors" better than the outdoors but sometimes enjoys the outdoors. Crabby has two red sirens.
- The Chief (voiced by Ron Halder) – The dark blue firetruck who is the leader of the three junior firetrucks (Red, Petrol, and Crabby). He tells them exactly what to do at any given time. He sometimes puts Red in charge of the team and sometimes leads the team when ever an emergency occurs.
- Stinky Bins (voiced by David "Squatch" Ward) – The green garbage truck of Green Meadows. He is used to his own stench but sometimes takes a bath, resulting in pollution that has to be cleaned up by the firetrucks. He also likes telling jokes, as seen in "Stinky Bubbles".
- Snooty-Tootie (voiced by Colin Murdock) – A black limo who carries the Mayor around Green Meadows. He once taught the junior firetrucks manners.
- Spinner (voiced by David A. Kaye) – An orange helicopter who often doesn't take his job seriously.
- Scoop (voiced by Kathleen Barr) – A white seaplane who carries water which she can use to douse fires.
- Bubba (voiced by Blu Mankuma) – A yellow bulldozer who works outside the firehouse.
- Milkie (voiced by Cathy Weseluck) – A white ice cream truck who likes to give ice cream to the children.
- Wiser (voiced by French Tickner) – A dark red tow truck with a nozzle who can lift and help people From fire. He first appeared in "Older But Wiser". He also narrates all the stories.
- Tug (voiced by Michael Dobson) – A red and yellow fireboat who is ready to rescue.
- Bulky (voiced by Terry Klassen) – A blue blimp who had been decorated for Halloween. He appeared in the episodes "Spinner Spins a Tale" and "Hoppin' Hoses".
- Zoe (voiced by Kathleen Barr) – A red tow truck who likes helping other cars.
- Lorrie (voiced by Peter Linz) – A light blue Land Rover who lives in the beach and is Petrol's old friend. She first appeared in "The Lorrie Story".
- Newsie (voiced by Scott McNeil) – A blue news truck who likes filming. He first appeared in "Trucks on TV".
- Squirt - The firehouse Dalmatian.
Production and backgroundEdit
Firehouse Tales was originally produced by Firehouse Productions, LLC as a 22-minute (2x11) pilot, created and developed by animation producer Sidney J. Bailey and animation director Clark James. It was sold to Warner Bros. Television in 2004, which following their process, the program was redeveloped as a CG program composited over 2D backgrounds – 26x half hours were subsequently produced by Warner Bros. Animation and aired on Cartoon Network worldwide.
The original pilot episodes, which never aired publicly, was created as practical miniature sets with computer generated (CG) facial expressions added in post production. The original characters cast were: "Pete", "Lakie", "Tip", "Commander", and "Chief McSpeed", while Wiser and Squirt have different designs.
Firehouse Tales premiered on Cartoon Network's preschool television programming block Tickle-U in the United States on August 22, 2005. It also aired on Cartoonito in the UK from 2006. It has also aired on Star Channel's StarLand block in Greece, RTL Klub in Hungary, RTP2 in Portugal, and more channels in other foreign countries.