Ifiok Effanga, professionally known as Fiokee, is a Nigerian guitarist from Akwa Ibom. He is known for his trebley guitar solos infused with highlife steeped guitar lines. Fiokee is associated with acts such as Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Patoranking, Reekado Banks, Adekunle Gold, Flavour, Simi, and Kiss Daniel, among others. He studied at the Petroleum Training Institute in Effurun, Delta State.
|Birth name||Ifiok Effanga|
|Born||Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria|
|Associated acts||Flavour, Simisola|
He is known for his distinct blend of contemporary highlife and Afrobeats, with occasional forays into blues. His solos (sessions work) often a serve as outros and feature his signature trebley S-type Guitar. His solos often closely toe the line of the main melodic theme, with his outro in 'nobody wey no fit make am' a case in point.
He has expressed his interest in inculcating Afro-jazz into his playing. His playing style include: rapid thrills, legato and frequent octave move.
Fiokee was born in Akwa ibom state in Nigeria, the fourth child of six. Fiokee began his interest in music at a very young age in a church choir, where he learned to sing the solfa notation. He later received guitar lessons from a taxicab driver, but quit due to financial limitations.
In 2008, Fiokee went to Lagos State to participate in a reality television music competition show called Star Quest and won as part of a group called Diamonds. He soon gained popularity for such collaborations as Simisola by Simi, Thankful by Flavour, God Over Everything by Patoranking, Woju by Kizz Daniels, and Ferrari by Yemi Alade.
- Solanke, Abiola. "Nigerian Music: 10 artistes that play music instruments so well". Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Ekpo, Nathan Nathaniel. "35 Hours Rehearsing, 13 Performances, 18 Songs, 90 Minutes On Stage". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Do something extraordinary, you'll excel – FIOKE". Nigerian Oracle. 2018-05-23. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "Video/Photos: Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Has A Hand On 70% Of The Hit Songs In Nigeria". Naija Gist and Gossips. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "I played guitar for different churches to improve my skills and as backup hustle- Fiokee - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2018-05-25. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Eghaghe, Richard (2008-05-19). "Nigeria: Diamonds Band Lift Star Quest 2008". Vanguard (Lagos). Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Fiokee the guitarist Fiokee records with a visuals of Duro guitar cover Ft Tekno". Linda Ikeji's Blog. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Popular guitarist, Fiokee sets up new record label - Nigerian Entertainment Today". Nigerian Entertainment Today. 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2018-06-01.