Final Resolution (2012)
Final Resolution (2012) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling that was held on December 9, 2012 at the Impact Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the ninth annual Final Resolution event and the final one to be on pay-per-view.
|Final Resolution (2012)|
Promotional poster featuring Jeff Hardy
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||December 9, 2012|
|Final Resolution chronology|
|Other on-screen personnel|
|Ring announcer||Jeremy Borash|
|Mark "Slick" Johnson|
Final Resolution featured eight professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
The main angle entering Final Resolution involved Bobby Roode going after defending champion Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. At Turning Point, James Storm defeated A.J. Styles and Bobby Roode in a 3-Way match to earn his shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. On the following Impact Wrestling episode during Storm's speech about succeeding through adversity, Roode interrupted and upset his rival, Storm, as part of a manipulative way for Storm to place his title shot on the line in a match between them later that night. As a result, Roode prevailed over Storm using an exposed turnbuckle and a roll-up to snatch the victory and essentially assume Storm's title shot.
Another continuous feud being featured at the event is between A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels. At Turning Point, Styles suffered a huge loss in a stipulated 3-Way contender's match, where the wrestler pinned would be excommunicated from the TNA World Heavyweight Championship scene until Bound for Glory 2013. On the November 15 edition of Impact Wrestling, with emotions running high, Styles expressed feelings over an upsetting year having to deal with allegations thrown at him as well as coming close to winning the 2012 Bound for Glory Series. Daniels and Kazarian, who had set up and blown such allegations out of proportion to defame and distract Styles, took the chance to mock and insult him calling Styles a "failure". Styles, knowing how many times he fought and beat Daniels, eventually challenged Daniels to one last match to decide who the better man is. Daniels, proud of his momentum with Kazarian throughout the year, later agreed to the match.
The Knockouts match heading into Final Resolution is Mickie James versus TNA Women's Knockout Champion Tara. On the November 15 edition of Impact Wrestling, Mickie James made her return to the company and defeated Gail Kim, ODB, Madison Rayne, and Miss Tessmacher in a No. 1 contender's Battle Royal to gain a shot at the TNA Knockout Championship.
|1||James Storm defeated Kazarian||Singles match||06:09|
|2||Rob Van Dam (c) defeated Kenny King||Singles match for the TNA X Division Championship||09:22|
|3||Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez (c) defeated Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan by disqualification||Tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship||10:36|
|4||Austin Aries defeated Bully Ray||Singles match||13:08|
|5||Tara (c) defeated Mickie James||Singles match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship||07:53|
|6||Garett Bischoff, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Wes Brisco defeated Aces & Eights (Devon, D.O.C. and two unknown members)||Eight-man tag team match||11:22|
|7||Christopher Daniels defeated A.J. Styles||Singles match||21:37|
|8||Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Bobby Roode||Singles match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship||23:00|
- "Final Resolution 2012". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Namako, Jasob (2012-11-05). "TNA Final Resolution 2012 poster revealed". Wrestleview.com. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Martin, Adam (2012-05-09). "Dates for upcoming TNA PPV events in 2012 in Orlando". Wrestleview.com. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- "Anthem, Impact announce Global Wrestling Network launch". Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Csonka, Larry (2012-11-11). "411's TNA Turning Point Report 11.11.12". 411 Mania. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Csonka, Larry (2012-11-15). "411's TNA IMPACT Wrestling Report 11.15.12". 411 Mania. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- "Caldwell's TNA Final Resolution PPV results 12/9: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of Hardy vs. Roode in the main event, Aries vs. Bully". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2016-04-25.