Filip Novák (footballer)
Filip Novák (born 26 June 1990) is a Czech professional left-footed football player who currently plays in the Süper Lig for Trabzonspor. He holds the Czech First League record for most goals scored in one season by a defender with 11 goals in the 2014–15 season.
|Date of birth||26 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Přerov, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic)|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2009–2011||FC Tescoma Zlín||59||(9)|
|2011–2015||FK Baumit Jablonec||103||(14)|
|2009||Czech Republic U19||4||(0)|
|2011||Czech Republic U20||1||(0)|
|2011–2012||Czech Republic U21||6||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 June 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20 November 2018
FC Tescoma ZlínEdit
He played in the Czech premier league for the first time against Příbram  when he was 18 years old. Then he played only one whole match before his team was relegated to the second league in the end of the season 2008-09. It was an advantage for him because there was a less strong competition so he climbed to the top players of the team gradually.
FK Baumit JablonecEdit
In July 2011 Novák moved to Jablonec. He scored his first goal in the Czech First League against Dukla Prague on 1 October 2012. On 17 May 2013, Novák won the Czech Cup with Jablonec, after playing he whole final match and scoring in the penalty shootout. He won the Czech Supercup against the league champion, FC Viktoria Plzeň with Jablonec on 12 July 2013. By winning the Czech Cup in the previous season, Jablonec qualified for the UEFA Europa League where they eliminated Strømsgodset IF in the Third Qualifying Round before being eliminated by Real Betis in the Play-off Round.
Youth national teamEdit
Novák was a part of the Czech Republic national under-21 football team which was playing in the European Under-21 Championship qualification in 2013. He scored his first under-21 goal against Wales. They ran up from the group 3 as the winner but unfortunately were beaten by Russia in play-off round to the final tournament.
- Scores and results list the Czech Republic's goal tally first.
|1.||8 October 2017||Doosan Arena, Plzeň, Czech Republic||San Marino||4–0||5–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- "Filip Novak ile 2,5 yıllık sözleşme imzalandı" (in Turkish). Trabzonspor. 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Jablonecký obránce Novák vylepšil svůj rekord na jedenáct gólů". ČTK (in Czech). Czech News Center a.s. 30 May 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- Filip Novák – Czech First League statistics at Fotbal DNES (in Czech)
- "FC Tescoma Zlín - 1. FK Příbram 2:0". idnes.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta DNES. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "FK Dukla Praha - FK Baumit Jablonec 2:2". idnes.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta DNES. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "FK Baumit Jablonec - FK Mladá Boleslav 2:2, pen. 5:4". idnes.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta DNES. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "FC Viktoria Plzeň - FK Baumit Jablonec 2:3". idnes.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta DNES. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "UEFA Europa League 2013-14 - History - Strømsgodset-Jablonec". UEFA.com. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "UEFA Europa League 2013-14 - History - Betis-Jablonec". UEFA.com. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Czech Republic - Wales 5:0". idnes.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta DNES. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Under 21 matches: Russia - Czech Republic 2:2". UEFA.com. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Novák, Filip". National Football Teams. Retrieved 10 October 2017.