File:The Herald-Sun masthead.png
The_Herald-Sun_masthead.png (170 × 43 pixels, file size: 2 KB, MIME type: image/png)
Fair use in The Herald-Sun (Durham, North Carolina)Edit
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It illustrates an educational article about The Herald-Sun, the entity that the logo represents.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- It is a low resolution image, and thus not suitable for production of counterfeit goods.
- The logo is not used in such a way the a reader would be confused into believing that the article is written or authorized by the owner of the logo.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
Further information about the Herald-Sun logoEdit
- Author: Herald-Sun Newspapers, Inc.
- Composer: Herald-Sun Newspapers, Inc.
- Source URL: http://www.design.ncsu.edu/cud/ncfocus_ncf/Images/ncfmedia_clip_image010.gif
|This is a logo of an organization, item, or event, and is protected by copyright. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation, of logos for certain uses involving identification and critical commentary may qualify as fair use under the Copyright law of the United States. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. Certain commercial use of this image may also be trademark infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Logos.
Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of the organization by Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation, nor vice versa. Fair use
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:21, 27 December 2006||170 × 43 (2 KB)||Mustang dvs|
- You cannot overwrite this file.