Fetuli Talanoa (born 23 November 1987) is a former Tongan international rugby league footballer who played as a wing or centre. He played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the NRL and for Hull F.C. in the Super League. He announced his retirement in April 2019.
|Born||23 November 1987|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||99 kg (15 st 8 lb)|
Talanoa was born in Auckland, New Zealand. He is of Tongan ancestry.
With Norths, Talanoa played 38 games and scored 14 tries.
In 2014, Talanoa signed for Super League club Hull FC. In 2016, he would play in Hull's 12-10 win over Warrington Wolves in the 2016 Challenge Cup final. This was the first time that Hull had won the cup at Wembley Stadium after 8 previous attempts. In 2017, Hull won the Challenge Cup again with Talanoa scoring a try in the 18-14 win over Wigan Warriors.
Talanoa announced his immediate retirement from playing on 9 April 2019 after discovering that a pre-season wrist injury which prevented him from making any appearances for Hull FC during the first half of the 2019 Super League season would require further surgery.
- Challenge Cup: (2) 2016, 2017
- "Hull 1st Team Fetuli Talanoa". Hull FC. Hull FC. 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Rugby League Project
- "Hull FC: Fetuli Talanoa retires ages 31 after latest injury". BBC Sport. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Tug-of-war over Mason". Sky Sports. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Samoa, Tonga and Fiji name squads". BBC. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Kiwis select Sonny Bill". Sky Sports. 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2008-08-08.