This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The most well-known early examples are Bizarre (1946-1959) published by John Willie and Leonard Burtman's Exotique, Masque, Connoisseur, Bizarre Life, High Heels, Unique World, and Corporal. Much of the content in fetish magazines (leather, rubber and latex clothing, cross-dressing, bondage, masochism, female domination, roleplaying, corporal punishment, etc.) is baffling to people who do not share the particular fetishes discussed and depicted.
An early study, The Undergrowth of Literature by Gillian Freeman (1967), concluded that such magazines provide a catharsis for those whose sexual needs are otherwise unsatisfied: she identified rubberwear magazines as the most popular at the time.
- Centurian Bondage
- Bizarre Life (Consolidated Publishing Inc., 1966-1971)
- Bondage in the Buff (House of Milan, 1982 - 1999)
- Bondage Photographer (House of Milan, 1982 - 2000)
- Captured (House of Milan, 1975 - 1999)
- Hogtie (House of Milan, 1972 - 1992)
- Hogtied (House of Milan, 1993 - 1999)
- Knotty (House of Milan, 1971 - 2002)
- Secret (1991-2008)
- Blushes (UK, c. 1980s)
- Corporal (Consolidated Publishing/Eros-Goldstripe, 1960s-70s)
- Februs (UK, 1994-2003)
- Janus (UK, 1971-2007)
- Kane (UK, 1982 to present, ed. Harrison Marks 1982–1997)
- Over-The-Knee (Lyndon Distributors Ltd., 1980s-90s)
- Phoenix (UK, 1980-1991)
- Punished (House of Milan, 1978-2001)
- Roué (UK, c. 1978-1988)
- Spank Hard (Lyndon Distributors Ltd., 1990s)
- Stand Corrected (Shadow Lane, 1990s)
- Black and Blue
- Splosh! (UK, 1989–2001) – wet and messy fetishism
- Girl in the Fishnet! – fishnet fetishism
- Leash Magazine (Canada) – fetish and BDSM magazine
- Whiplash (Canada) – fetish and BDSM magazine
- Smoke Signals – smoking fetishism magazine
- Wet Set Magazine (Australia) – omorashi magazine
- Modern Dungeon Quarterly (Perverted Imp Productions, 2012– ) – fetish, kink and BDSM magazine
- Von Gutenberg (Canada) – fetish fashion, fantasy and lifestyle magazine
- Bedeseme Magazine (Spain, 2009) – alternative lifestyle, fetish and kink magazine
- Anne Borrowdale (Mar 1982). "Pornography - a different approach". Third Way. Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd. 5 (3): 10.
- Slade, Joseph W. (2001). Pornography and sexual representation: a reference guide. Pornography and Sexual Representation. 2. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 401. ISBN 0-313-31520-5.
- "Dressing for Pleasure". FUEL. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "PUSSY CAT - 25 Years Jubilee Album; The World's Leading Rubber & Rainwear Magazine by Burton, N.A. (editor): Pussy Cat / N.A. Burton, London - Alta-Glamour Inc". Abe Books. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "The A to Z of sexual fetishes". Glamour Magazine. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Bizarre Life. Volume 1, Number 10. Summer 1969". Biblio. Bilife Publications. 1969. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Stygion, Danny. "3 Legendary Fetish Magazines: Skin Two, Marquis, SECRET". Sinical Magazine. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Varrin, Claudia (2002-01-01). A Guide to New York's Fetish Underground. Citadel Press. ISBN 9780806523781.
- Lindemann, Danielle J. (2012-10-03). Dominatrix: Gender, Eroticism, and Control in the Dungeon. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 9780226482569.
- Louise Ridley (16 January 2015). "Bizarre Magazine, British Bastion Of Fetish, Freaks, Extreme Tattoos And Porn, Closes After 18 Years". The Huffington Post UK. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- Kerekes, David (2002). Headpress 23: Funhouse. Headpress. 23. Headpress. p. 181. ISBN 9781900486187.
- "KFS Magazine". KFS Magazine. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- Todd (14 March 2012). "Modern Dungeon Quarterly Number 1". The pervert's Library.
- "Von Gutenberg Magazines". Von Gutenberg.
- "Be Different, Be Yours... Alternative lives, Fetish & Fashion magazine". Bedeseme Magazine.