Fernbus Simulator is a bus simulator game developed by TML-Studios and published by Aerosoft for Microsoft Windows. The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and was available on 25 August 2016 worldwide.
Cover art of the game featuring a MAN Lion's Coach
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Fernbus Simulator is set in Federal Republic of Germany, offering a route network of approximately 20,000 kilometres and 40 German cities that is built in a scale of 1:10. The game features quite the same gameplay of the similar-genre video game Euro Truck Simulator 2, which includes construction sites, traffic congestion, police patrols and traffic collision, with dynamic weather and day-night cycle are available in the game. The game also provides the licensed MAN Lion's Coach of Flixbus, allowing players to drive on highly detailed German motorways.
Development and releaseEdit
Fernbus Simulator is developed by a German-based game studio TML-Studios, the developers of the City Bus Simulator series and the World of Subways franchise. It is powered by Unreal Engine 4 of Epic Games. The game was released on 25 August 2016 for Microsoft Windows.
The game is well-sold on the digital distribution platform Steam, but often comes in criticism and gets a mixed rating. The game is often used to compare with Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, and gets praised on the design of the game in terms of atmosphere, motorways, residential areas and detailed bus cockpit. However, bugs, missing textures, insufficient to reality and a lack of long-term motivation makes the game widely criticised.
- "Fernbus-Simulator". Welt (in German). 28 August 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- "Fernbus Simulator von Aerosoft macht euch zum Buslenker". heute.at (in German). 29 August 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- "Fernbus Simulator". Aerosoft (in German). Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- "Worldwide Fernbus Coach Simulator launch on August 25th". Steam. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Stone, Tim (5 August 2016). "The Flare Path: Topical Titbits". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Bachmann, Rhonda (26 August 2016). "Fernbus Simulator: Aerosofts Fernreise-Simulator mit starkem Steam-Einstieg trotz Kritik". pcgameshardware.de (in German). Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Schnelle, Mick (1 September 2016). "Fernbus Simulator test". gamersglobal.de (in German). Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Marco (26 August 2016). "DER FERNBUS SIMULATOR IM TEST". gptimes.de (in German). Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Official website (in English and German)