This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fernando Tejero Muñoz-Torrero (born 24 February 1967) is a Spanish actor. Among his work, he has acted in multiple films, including Football Days (2003), for which he won the Goya Award for Best New Actor, and television series like Aquí no hay quien viva (2004), for which he won the TP de Oro Award.
Early life and careerEdit
Tejero studied acting at the Escuela de Arte Dramático de Córdoba, the Centro Andaluz de Teatro and the Escuela de Arte Dramático Cristina Rota de Madrid.
As a struggling actor, Tejero worked with his parents in a seafood market. According to Tejero, during this period in his life, he had his first bad experience with showbusiness. He said he met a very famous Spanish actress with whom he had a cordial conversation. She ignored him and looked at him with contempt when she discovered he worked at a seafood market.
Tejero went on to perform in bit parts in Spanish movies, slowly gaining recognition. He was able to establish a bond with a production company called Animalario. In 2003, he was offered a role in Días de fútbol, for which he won the Goya Award for best new actor. In that same year, during the casting of the now-famous Spanish ensemble comedy Aquí no hay quien viva, he was originally offered the part of Paco, the video store clerk. However, a new role was subsequently created for him, that of Emilio, the concierge; this allowed him a much more visible role than originally planned. With the show's great success, Tejero has become a household name in Spain.
Since then, he has had leading roles in films, such as El penalti más largo del mundo.
Tejero is openly gay, and during a time he dated Miguel Ortíz Vera, Mister Gay Spain 2012. They broke up in 2013, at the time when he announced he was gay. They reconciled days after. In 2016 he dated with the musician Pascual Cantero, and they broke up one year later.
- Sobreviviré (1999)
- Mujer de mi vida, La (2001)
- Noche de reyes (2001)
- Compañeros (2002)
- Los lunes al sol (2002)
- Torremolinos 73 (2003)
- Días de fútbol (2003)
- Aquí no hay quien viva (2003)
- 3 en el Camino (2004)
- Cachorro (2004)
- Crimen Ferpecto, El (2004)
- Asombroso mundo de Borjamari y Pocholo, El (2004)
- El espantatiburones (2004)
- Noche Hache (2006)
- Volando voy (2006)
- Va a ser que nadie es perfecto (2006)
- Gominolas (2007)
- Al final del camino (2008)
- Cinco metros cuadrados (2012)
- La chispa de la vida (2012)
- La que se avecina (2012–present)
- En tu cabeza (2016)
- "Fernando Tejero cuenta como el Goya le ha cambiado". Telecinco (in Spanish). Mediaset España. Europortal Jumpy España, S. A. Archived from the original on 26 February 2006. Retrieved 3 February 2006.
- "Los actores Antonia San Juan y Fernando Tejero, casados en 'La que se avecina'". 20 Minutos (in Spanish). 20 September 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- Palmero, M. (27 April 2014). "Fernando Tejero: "Mis padres aceptaron mi homosexualidad por mi éxito"". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Titania Compañía Editorial, S.L. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Higuera, Raoul (12 December 2013). "La historia de amor (roto) entre Fernando Tejero y Mister Gay España 2012". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Titania Compañía Editorial, S.L. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Gay, Nacho; Higuera, Raoul (12 December 2013). "La historia de amor (roto) entre Fernando Tejero y Mister Gay España 2012". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 5 May 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "El actor Fernando Tejero rompe con su novio, Míster Gay 2012". El Norte de Castilla (in Spanish). Vocento. 12 December 2013. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Fernando Tejero se declara por Twitter a Míster Gay España 2012: 'Miguel te quiero'". Voz Libre (in Spanish). 13 December 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Fernando Tejero presenta públicamente a su novio". El Periódico de Catalunya (in Spanish). 20 October 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Diéguez, Antonio (31 January 2017). "Fernando Tejero rompe con su última pareja, el músico murciano Muerdo". El Mundo (in Spanish). Unidad Editorial. Retrieved 24 July 2018.