Fernando Luján (born Fernando Ciangherotti Díaz; August 23, 1939 – January 11, 2019) was a Mexican actor.
Fernando Ciangherotti Díaz
August 23, 1938
|Died||January 11, 2019 (aged 80)|
Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico
|Occupation||Movie, TV and Theater Actor|
|Spouse(s)||Martha Mariana Castro|
His father; Alejandro Ciangherotti Erbelia, his mother; Mercedes Soler (Mercedes Diaz Pavia), brother Alejandro Ciangherotti Jr., wife Martha Mariana Castro, sons Fernando Ciangherotti, Fernando Canek and daughters Cassandra Ciangherotti and Vanessa Ciangherotti were or are also actors. He was not related to actress Daniela Luján.
Luján was born in Bogota, Colombia, while his parents, both actors, were on tour presenting a play, but he never obtained Colombian nationality. He is the son of Alejandro Ciangherotti Erbelia and Mercedes Soler (Mercedes Diaz Pavia), the youngest of the famous Soler family. His late brother, Alejandro Ciangherotti, ex-wife, Adriana Parra, wife Martha Mariana Castro, children Fernando, Vanessa, Cassandra, Canek, Franco Paolo, granddaughter and son-in-law Vaita and Roberto Sosa, nephews Alejandro III, Alexis and Alan are also actors.
He has 10 children: 5 daughters and 5 sons.
Una vuelta al corazónEdit
In 2009, his wife and daughter, Martha Mariana and Vanessa, produced a trilogy of the family in celebrating the ninth anniversary of Lo que callamos las mujeres, starring his children, nephews and granddaughter, where Vanessa and Fernando Ciangherotti serve as the director.
He started his acting career as a child in the Cinema of Mexico credited as Fernando Ciangherotti, but changed his stage name to Fernando Luján a few years later. After appearing in more than eight films, mostly light comedies, he obtained a role in the telenovela Cuatro en la trampa at age twenty-three. The next eighteen years, he alternated his film career with television, culminating with the worldwide famous production Los ricos también lloran. The next twelve years, he did not participate in telenovelas and only starred in four films. He returned to television with Vida robada and Cadenas de amargura in 1991.
After participating in three other telenovelas for Televisa in the next five years, he signed a contract with TV Azteca to co-star with Angélica Aragón in the second telenovela of that new network titled Mirada de mujer. This telenovela was a success and would produce a sequel six years later. After Mirada de mujer, he obtained significant roles in film, especially as the star of the film-version of Gabriel García Márquez's book No One Writes to the Colonel in 1999 (El coronel no tiene quien le escriba). His performance in this film was qualified as "remarkable" by The New York Times. In 2005, he received the Ariel Award by the Mexican Academy of Film in honoring his career and contributions to film.
A long-time cigar smoker, Luján died on January 11, 2019 in Puerto Escondido at the age of 79.
- Cuatro en la trampa (1961)
- La culpa de los padres (1963)
- Marina Lavalle (1965)
- El edificio de enfrente (1972) as Camilo
- Los que ayudan a Dios (1973)
- María José (1978) as El Jaiba
- Bella y bestia (1979) as Alfred
- Los ricos también lloran (1979) as Diego
- Vida robada (1991) as Don Ramón
- Cadenas de amargura (1991) as Padre Julio
- Sueño de amor (1993)
- La paloma (1995)
- Para toda la vida (1996) as Juan Angel
- Mirada de mujer (1997) as Lic. Ignacio San Millán
- Todo por amor (2000) as Gonzalo Robles
- Lo que es el amor (2001) as Emiliano Lomelí
- Mirada de mujer: El regreso (2003) as Lic. Ignacio San Millán
- Las Juanas (2004) as Calixto Matamoros
- Montecristo (2006) as Alberto Lombardo
- Entre el amor y el deseo (2010) as Edgar Dumont
- Quererte así (2012) as Alfred "Fred" Roth
- Los Rey (2012) as Everardo Rey Martínez
- Así en el barrio como en el cielo (2015) as Marcelo Ferrara
- "Fernando Lujan, Actor in 'El Mil Amores' and 'Overboard,' Dies at 79". The Hollywood Reporter.
- http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/hoy-san-diego/sdhoy-alimentan-apalusos-fernando-lujan-2013jul08-story.html Alimentan los aplausos a Fernando Luján - The San Diego Union-Tribune
- http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/92966.html La dinastía Ciangherotti tiene nuevo integrante: Paolo Luján
- "Murió el actor Fernando Luján a los 79 años". Infobae (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- La Academia recuerda a Fernando Luján en ceremonia de Premios Oscar 2020 (in Spanish) La Razon online, 10 Feb 2020