This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fernanda Romero (born as María Fernanda Romero Martínez on October 4, 1983) is a Mexican actress, model and singer. She is most noted for her starring role in the Mexican telenovela Eternamente tuya and her supporting role in the American film The Eye.
Romero at the 2013 Alma Awards
María Fernanda Romero Martínez
October 4, 1983
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
Romero began her singing career when she joined BMG's recording ensemble group, Frizzby, who began touring Central America to promote their two top ten singles. They performed for Pope John Paul II at the famous Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.
By the time Romero reached eighteen she was in ad campaigns for brands like Rock and Republic, Clean & Clear, Pepsi, Apple, and J.C. Penney. She also appeared in magazines such as GQ Mexico, OK Magazine Espanol, Reforma and ELLE Mexico.
Romero began her acting career as host of the Univision television show Control, followed shortly by an appearance on the Telemundo telenovela La Ley del Silencio. These led to her first film offer, a role in the film Creature of Darkness, and several more small roles.
In 2009, Fernanda Romero returned to Mexico to star in the soap opera Eternamente tuya.
In 2010, Romero was arrested on charges of immigration fraud, accused of entering into a sham marriage to obtain legal immigrant status. She and her husband, a musician, were arrested in their separate homes, and put on trial, where she was accused of paying her groom $5000 for the marriage. She wasn't found guilty by a jury, but reached a deal and pled guilty to a lesser count, and was ordered to serve 30 days in jail. Although such a conviction is generally followed by deportation, as of June 2012[update], the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service had not taken any action to deport Romero.
- El alma herida (2003) – Clarita
- La ley del silencio (2005) – Virginia
- Pit Fighter (2005) – (uncredited) Conchita
- She Builds Quick Machines (Velvet Revolver music video) (2007) – Libertad
- Eternamente tuya (2009) – Antonia
- The Eye (2008) – Ana Cristina Martínez/Ling
- Drag Me to Hell (2009)
- Ready or Not (2009)
- Silver Case (2011) – Lola ....directed by Christian Filippella
- Geezers! (2012) Tiffany
- Ghost Team One Independent Dir. Scott Rutherford
- Line of Duty (2013) – Gina
- Caveman (2014) – Alicia
- "400 Days" (2015) – Zia
- Is That a Gun in Your Pocket? (2016) – Connie
- "Las Espinas del Corazón"- Televisa (2018)
- County Recurring NBC
- RPM Miami Series Regular MunDos
- Eternamente Tuya Series Regular TV Azteca
- Todd's Coma Guest Star TBS
- La Ley del Silencio Guest Star Telemundo
- Entourage Guest Star HBO
- Summer Friends Series Regular Sony
- Wounded Soul Series Regular Televisa
- Music Video
- Frankie J-And I Had You There Main girl
- "Fernanda Romero sigue con sus proyectos a la espera del juicio de inmigración" (in Spanish). El Nuevo Diario. April 14, 2011. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Allen, Nick (April 19, 2010). "Mexican actress Fernanda Romero accused of sham marriage to a musician". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- "Lawyers make final arguments in Fernanda Romero's marriage fraud trial". Los Angeles Daily News. Daily News Wire Service. August 31, 2010. Archived from the original on September 5, 2010. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- "Mexican actress Fernanda Romero gets 30 days in sham marriage case". CBS News. Associated Press. April 27, 2011. Retrieved June 21, 2012.