This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017)
Feng Chia University (FCU; Chinese: 逢甲大學) is a private research university in Taiwan, located in Taichung. It was named after Chiu Feng-Chia one of the leaders of the military resistance against the Japanese invasion of Taiwan in 1895.
Motto in English
|Loyalty, diligence, sincerity and perseverance|
|President||Bing-Jean Lee 李秉乾|
Central Taiwan Science Park Campus
Tsinghua Big Five Alliance
Feng Chia University has partnership with Purdue University, RMIT University, University of Zaragoza, and San Jose State University.
In 1961, the Feng Chia College of Engineering and Business was established on Guanyin Mountain in Beitun District of Taichung City. Two years later, it was moved to its present location in Xitun District in central Taiwan. The school was granted university status in 1980 and its name changed to Feng Chia University (FCU).
In 2008, the APEC Research Center for Advanced Biohydrogen Technology was established on the FCU campus. In 2009, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) designated the Geographic Information Systems Research Center as the first Asian standards testing center, as well as one of 20 official principal members.
The university has 20,000 graduate and undergraduate students yearly in its nine colleges of Engineering, Business, Sciences, Construction and Development, Information and Electrical Engineering, Finance, Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Management and Development, School of Technology and Management. There are 33 academic departments (excluding undeclared honors programs), four independent graduate institutes and three independent doctoral programs.
In total, FCU offers 57 bachelor's, 76 master's and 14 doctoral degree programs. Since 2008, surveys of executives from Taiwan's top 1,000 enterprises have consistently ranked FCU in the top 10 for the quality of its graduates.
FCU is the third university in Taiwan to complete and receive marks of excellence on five National Science Council technology transfer projects. In March 2017, Apple recently established Taiwan's first Apple Regional Training Center at FCU, which makes FCU the only university in Taiwan authorized to conduct Apple-certified training courses. In the future, all instructors in the Apple App teacher development program will be trained at FCU.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2022)
There are 37 specialized research centers on campus, including the Green Energy Development Center, Geographic Information Systems Research Center, Construction and Disaster Prevention Research Center, Information and Communication Security Research Center, and Center for Tang Dynasty Culture.
FCU recruits scholars from Taiwan and abroad. In the past three years, more than 40 chair professors have joined the faculty. They include Chin-Chen Chang, who is considered Taiwan's father of cryptography, and Chung-Jen Hsu, former general manager of Uni-President Enterprises Corporation. Chang is ranked number two in the world for the number of published research papers that have been included in the computer science database of the Digital Bibliography & Library Projects (DBLP).
The Green Energy Development Center has developed an anaerobic bioreactor. This bioreactor yields 151/hr biogas from every liter of anaerobic sludge, making it one of the best performing bioreactors in the world. Due to these and other achievements, FCU was chosen as the site for the APEC Research Center for Advanced Biohydrogen Technology, which was established in cooperation with APEC and the National Science Council. In addition, the Taiwan branch of the International Association for Hydrogen Energy (IAHE) has been established on the FCU campus. In 2011, FCU completed the world's first Bio-H2 gas station.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Research Center has twice been honored by the US-based Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) with a Special Achievement in GIS award. In 2010, this research center was invited to join the European Union's Plan4All project; among its 25 collaborative partners, FCU was the only academic organization from Taiwan. In that same year, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) approved the GIS Research Center as its first software standards compliance testing center in Asia. It was also named one of 20 OGC principal members.
The Construction and Disaster Prevention Research Center brings together researchers from the fields of civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, water resources engineering and conservation, and geographic information systems. This center has developed technologies with applications for environmental conservation, slope land disaster prevention, and environmental monitoring. It also serves as a long-term partner of the National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction, providing support for local government disaster prevention and rescue efforts. This center participated in the rebuilding efforts that followed Typhoon Morakot and received awards for its contributions and achievements from the Executive Yuan.
In cooperation with Renmin University of China, the Center for the Tang Dynasty Culture spent six years proofreading and editing the Quan Tangfu (The Complete Tang Odes). The center's edited version of this important ancient Chinese compilation has been included in many library collections in Europe, North America, Japan, and Korea.
- College of Information and Electrical Engineering
- Automatic Control Engineering
- Bachelor's Program of International Electrical Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Honor Program in Information and Electrical Engineering
- Information Engineering and Computer Science
- Master's Program in Biomedical Informatics and Biomedical Engineering
- Ph. D. Program in Electrical and Communications Engineering
- College of Engineering
- Aerospace and System Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Fiber and Composite Materials
- Industrial Engineering and Systems Management
- Master Program in Green Energy Science and Technology
- Mechanical and Computer-Aided Engineering
- The Ph. D. program in Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor's Program of Precision Systems Design
- Master's Program of Electro-acoustics
- Master's Program of Creative Design
- College of Sciences
- Applied Mathematics
- Environmental Engineering and Science
- Materials Science and Engineering
- College of Business
- Bachelor's Program of International Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Continuing Education Program in Business
- Cooperative Economics
- Public Finance
- Financial and Economic Law
- International Trade
- Management of Technology
- Ph.D. Program in Business
- College of Finance
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Ph.D Program of Finance
- Master's Program of Finance
- Bachelor's Program of Financial Engineering and Actuarial Science
- College of Construction and Development
- Civil Engineering
- Continuing Education Bachelor's Program of Interior Design
- Landscape and Recreation
- Land Management
- Ph.D Program in Civil and Hydraulic Engineering
- Transportation Technology and Management
- Urban Planning and Spatial Information
- Water Resources Engineering and Conservation
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Chinese Literature
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- History and Historical Relics
- Language Center
- Public Policy
- Center for Chinese Language and Culture
- School of Management Development
- International School of Technology and Management
- International Master of Business Administration
- FCU-ZLC Dual Degree Program
- FCU-Purdue Undergraduate Dual Degree Program
- FCU-RMIT Undergraduate Dual Degree Program
- FCU-SJSU Undergraduate Dual Degree Program 
|Feng Chia University rankings|
|Global – Overall|
|QS World||1201–1400 (2023)|
|THE World||1501+ (2023)|
|Regional – Overall|
|THE Asia||401–500 (2022)|
|National – Overall|
|THE National||30+ (2023)|
In 2017, FCU ranked as the top private comprehensive university in Taiwan by Times Higher Education "Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific Region 2017." In 2017, FCU ranked as the top private comprehensive university in Taiwan in the Engineering & Technology and Social Sciences & Management categories. In addition, for the third consecutive year, FCU ranked as the number one private comprehensive university in Taiwan in the Engineering & Technology category's Computer Science & Information Systems by the Quacquarelli Symonds.
In 2016, FCU was the top private comprehensive university in the 2016 QS Asia University Rankings. That same year, FCU was honored with a number one ranking in the Ministry of Education's Program for Promoting Teaching Excellence. Cheers magazine once again honored FCU with top spot in its annual ranking of public and private universities. In 2016, FCU was ranked among Asia University Rankings as 140th by the Quacquarelli Symonds.
In 2015, Feng Chia University ranked ninth in Taiwan and 78th in Asia in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2015 - Computer Science & Information Systems. FCU once again ranked as the top private comprehensive university in the QS Asia University Rankings. In 2015, FCU was ranked among Asia University Rankings on 171th by the Quacquarelli Symonds. And the individual subject world rankings from QS put FCU on 317th in Computer Science.
In 2014, FCU rated in the top 100 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (BRICS and Emerging Economies Ranking). FCU was ranked among Asia University Rankings at 153rd by the Quacquarelli Symonds. And the individual subject world rankings from QS put FCU on 106th in Accounting & Finance.
In 2013, FCU was ranked among Asia's top 100 universities by the UK's The Times Higher Education Supplement.
In 2012, FCU was ranked among the top 100 global "Emerging" universities in a survey published in the UK's The Times Higher Education Supplement.
- Amanda Chou, actress
- Hsu Shu-hua, member of Legislative Yuan
- Liao Liou-yi, minister of the Interior (2008-2009)
- Ma Wen-chun, member of Legislative Yuan
- Phil Chang, singer
- Tseng Yung-chuan, secretary-general of the ROC Presidential Office (2015-2016)
- Wu Hong-mo, minister of Public Construction Commission (2018)
- ^ "FCU History". FCU. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- ^ "Feng Chia University -Taiwan 逢甲大學-About FCU-History". Archived from the original on 2012-08-06.
- ^ "中華工程教育學會".
- ^ "AACSB Membership - Educational Member Listing".
- ^ "逢甲大學國際事務處". Archived from the original on 2009-05-30.
- ^ a b "Feng Chia University -Taiwan 逢甲大學-Academic Units-Unites". Archived from the original on 2014-10-25.
- ^ a b c d "Feng Chia University -Taiwan 逢甲大學FCU-FCU History-FCU at a Glance". Archived from the original on 2015-12-08.
- ^ "Taiwan's only Apple-certified training program now offered at FCU".
- ^ "Feng Chia University". Top Universities.
- ^ "Feng Chia University". Times Higher Education (THE).
- ^ "Feng Chia University". Times Higher Education (THE).
- ^ "Feng Chia University". Times Higher Education (THE).
- ^ "FCU has another strong performance in the QS World University Rankings by Subject".
- ^ "QS University Rankings: Asia 2016". Top Universities.
- ^ "QS University Rankings: Asia 2015". Top Universities.
- ^ "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2015 - Computer Science & Information Systems". Top Universities.
- ^ "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014 - Accounting & Finance". Top Universities.
Coordinates: 24°10′46″N 120°39′00″E / 24.1794°N 120.6500°E