Felix Anthony Silla (January 11, 1937 – April 16, 2021), also credited as Felix Cilla, was an Italian actor and stuntman. After starting his career in the circus, he became known for his television and film roles, especially as the recurring costumed character "Cousin Itt" on television's The Addams Family. Silla also was an Ewok in the Star Wars film Return of the Jedi. He was also a voice artist on The Sims 2 video game.
Felice Anthony Silla
January 11, 1937
|Died||April 16, 2021 (aged 84)|
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Early life and circus careerEdit
Felix Silla was born in the small village of Roccacasale, Abruzzo, Italy. He trained as a circus performer and came to the United States aged 18, in 1955, touring with the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. His multiple talents as a bareback horse rider, trapeze artist, and tumbler brought him to Hollywood, where he became a stuntman, appearing in the film, A Ticklish Affair.
Film and televisionEdit
His best-known roles include Litvak, the maniacal, miniature Hitler who menaces George Segal in film The Black Bird (his favorite role). He was also responsible for the physical performance of the robot Twiki in the TV series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, a role for which the voice was supplied by Mel Blanc or Bob Elyea.
In part due to his short stature of 1.19 m (3 ft 11 in), he often doubled for children in such movies as The Towering Inferno, The Hindenburg, and Battlestar Galactica. Between movies, he frequently appeared in Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada, night clubs with his own musical combo, The Original Harmonica Band. in 2005.
Silla provided the voice of Mortimer Goth from the video game The Sims 2 in 2005.
Silla became famous however as the recurring costumed character of Cousin Itt on televisions The Addams Family. The character was not part of Charles Addams's original comic, but was introduced in the original black and white television series by producer David Levy, debuting in the 1965 first season episode "Cousin Itt Visits the Addams Family", and appearing in a total of 19 episodes, 17 which feature Silla and 2 with Roger Arroyo over the course of the show's two seasons. The character's voice was usually provided by studio sound engineer Anthony Magro (1923–2004). The character became so popular it was carried over to subsequent licensed media including film, stage and video games.
Star Wars: EwokEdit
- "Felix Silla, Cousin Itt on 'The Addams Family,' Dies at 84". Variety. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Daniel, Jeff (7 March 2006). "They don't come much bigger". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. p. E1. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Glionna, John M (2 November 2014). "Felix Silla, a.k.a. Cousin Itt, looks back on a kooky career". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Talking With Felix Silla – June 2, 2016". Talk About Las Vegas with Ira. Retrieved 24 November 2020.
- "Felix Silla, Cousin Itt on TV's 'Addams Family,' dies at 84". Associated Press. 17 April 2021. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- Haring, Bruce (16 April 2021). "Felix Silla Dies: Cousin Itt On TV's 'The 'Addams Family' Was 84". Deadline.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Felix Silla.|