Felipe Reyes Cabanas (born 16 March 1980) is a Spanish professional basketball player who plays with and captains Real Madrid. He also represented the senior Spanish national basketball team. Standing at a height of 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) tall, and weighing 120 kg (265 lbs.), he plays at the power forward and center positions.
Reyes with Real Madrid, in 2017.
|No. 9 – Real Madrid|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|Born||March 16, 1980|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||265 lb (120 kg)|
|NBA draft||2002 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Reyes began his professional career in the Spanish top-tier level ACB League with Estudiantes Madrid, during the 1998–99 season. In that same season, he also played with the club's second level team, Estudiantes B, in the Spanish 2nd-tier level EBA League. He moved to the Spanish EuroLeague club Real Madrid, before the 2004–05 season. In May 2015, he was named to the 2014–15 season's All-EuroLeague First Team, for his performance during the season; and he was also named the Spanish ACB League Most Valuable Player of the 2014–15 ACB season, marking the second time in his career that he won that award.
During that 2014–15 season, Reyes' club, Real Madrid, won the EuroLeague season championship, after defeating Olympiacos, by a score of 78–59, in the league's final game. Real Madrid eventually finished the season, by also winning the Spanish ACB League season championship, after a 3–0 series sweep in the Spanish League final series against Barcelona. With that title, Real Madrid had won the Triple Crown for the season.
On 27 June 2015, Reyes signed a two-year contract extension with Real Madrid. He became the Spanish ACB League's all-time career leader in total rebounds, in March 2017, after surpassing the previous record holder, Granger Hall.
In May 2018, Real Madrid won the 2017–18 EuroLeague championship, after defeating Fenerbahçe Doğuş in the final game with 85–80. Over 35 EuroLeague games, Reyes averaged 8.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.
On 04 February 2019, Felipe Reyes was the league's highest all-time appearance-maker across the ACB and National League eras after bringing up his 779th appearance against Unicaja and eclipsing Joan Creus's tally.
National team careerEdit
Reyes played with the senior Spanish national basketball team. With Spain's senior national team, he won the following medals: the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, the bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2001, the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2003, the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007, the silver medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics, the gold medal at the EuroBasket 2009, the gold medal at the EuroBasket 2011, the silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics, the gold medal at the EuroBasket 2015, and the bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Reyes' older brother, Alfonso, is a former professional basketball player.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Reyes won the EuroLeague|
- Felipe Reyes FC Height: 6-9 (206cm) Weight: 265 (120kg).
- Ediciones anteriores ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish).
- El liderazgo inagotable de Felipe Reyes a los 35 años ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish).
- 'Espartaco' Reyes exhibe el músculo del Madrid con un triple para la historia ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish).
- "All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". euroleague.net. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Felipe Reyes, MVP Orange de la Liga Endesa 2014-15" (in Spanish). ACB.com. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Real Madrid is Euroleague champion for record ninth time!". euroleague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Real Madrid make it 4 out of 4". marca.com (in Spanish). 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Comunicado Oficial: Felipe Reyes". realmadrid.com (in Spanish). 27 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Real Madrid's Felipe Reyes becomes ACB All-Time Rebounds Leader.
- "Real Madrid is 2018 EuroLeague champion". euroleague.net. 20 May 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- "Felipe Reyes became the league's all-time highest appearance-maker in the game against Unicaja (779)". realmadrid.com (in Spanish). 4 February 2018.
- "Reyes becomes all-time highest Copa del Rey appearance-maker". realmadrid.com.
- Felipe REYES (ESP) participated in 23 FIBA / FIBA Zones events.