Felipe Aliste Lopes
Lopes as a Stuttgart player
|Full name||Felipe Aliste Lopes|
|Date of birth||7 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Osasco, Brazil|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2013||→ VfB Stuttgart (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 May 2019|
Born in Osasco, São Paulo, Lopes started playing professionally with Guarani Futebol Clube, competing with the club in the second division. In 2006, aged only 19, he moved abroad and joined R.S.C. Anderlecht, being part of the squad that won the national championship but failing to appear in the league.
In the summer of 2007, Lopes signed for C.D. Nacional in Portugal, making his Primeira Liga debut on 21 December of that year, starting in a 1–0 home win against FC Porto and being sent off in the 87th minute. He finished his first season, however, with only seven league games played (eight official).
Subsequently, Lopes became first-choice for the Madeirans – in a roster filled with compatriots – appearing in 25 matches in the 2008–09 campaign as the team finished in a best-ever fourth position with the subsequent qualification to the UEFA Europa League, and bettering those totals in the following years.
On 5 January 2012, Lopes signed for VfL Wolfsburg for an undisclosed fee, penning a three-and-a-half-year contract. He made his Bundesliga debut on 21 January in a 1–0 home win against 1. FC Köln, playing the full 90 minutes.
On 22 January 2013, Lopes was loaned out to fellow league side VfB Stuttgart until the end of the season, with the club securing an option to sign him permanently in June, but finally not activating the clause. Returned to the Volkswagen Arena, he did not make a single competitive appearance in two years after suffering a stroke while he watched the third-place play-off of the 2014 FIFA World Cup (he also did not collect one single minute the previous campaign).
- "Nacional-FC Porto, 1–0 (Lipatin 58')". Record (in Portuguese). 21 December 2007. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Wolfsburg sign Ibrahim Sissoko from Academica de Coimbra & Felipe Lopes from Nacional". Goal. 5 January 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "VfL Wolfsburg 1–0 FC Cologne". ESPN Soccernet. 21 January 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Felipe Lopes on loan at VfB". VfB Stuttgart. 22 January 2013. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Thanks and all the best!". VfB Stuttgart. 18 May 2013. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Wolfsburg-Profi erzählt von Schlaganfall beim WM-Schauen" [Wolfsburg pro tells of stroke while he watched the WC] (in German). Focus. 21 October 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "FELIPE "Ich kann so gut werden wie früher"" [FELIPE „I can be as good as before“]. Bild (in German). 1 June 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Chaves anuncia contratação de Felipe Lopes" [Chaves announce signing of Felipe Lopes] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2016.