Fei-Yue Wang (Chinese: 王飞跃; born November 1961) is a Specially Appointed State Expert, and The Chief Scientist and Founding Director of the State Key Laboratory for Management and Control of Complex Systems of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems and the IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica. Previously he was a Professor of Systems and Industrial Engineering at the University of Arizona, president of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society,editor-in-chief of IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (2009-2016)  and editor-in-chief of IEEE Intelligent Systems.
Qingdao, Shandong Province, China
|Citizenship||People’s Republic of China|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
Zhejiang University, ChinaQingdao University of Science and Technology, China
|Known for||Social Computing, Knowledge Automation, Parallel Management, Parallel Intelligence|
China's National Natural Science Award (2007); Fellow of IEEE, INCOSE, IFAC, AAAS and ASME Fellows ACM Distinguished Scientist (2007); IEEE ITSS Outstanding ITS Research Award (2011); ASME Mesa Achievement Award (2012);IEEE SMC Society Norbert Wiener Award (2014);
|Fields||Intelligent Control, Social Computing, Parallel Intelligence, Parallel Management and Control, Knowledge Automation|
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of SciencesQingdao Academy of Intelligent Industries
|Doctoral advisor||George N. Saridis, Robert F McNaughton(Minor in Computer Science)|
Wang was elected as a Fellow of the IEEE in 2004 "for contributions to intelligent control systems and applications to complex systems". He also became a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the ASME in 2007. In 2011 he won the Outstanding Research Award of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society, and in 2014 he was given the Norbert Wiener Award of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society "for fundamental contributions to and innovations in the theory and application of intelligent control and management to complex systems."
- Fei-Yue Wang, State Key Laboratory for Management and Control of Complex Systems, Chinese Academy of Sciences, accessed 2 August 2017.
- Appointment of Dr. Fei-Yue Wang to the position of the EiC for the IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society, 8 May 2017, retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Editorial board, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica., retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Stiles, Ed (20 September 2005), "Professor Wants to Put Your Toaster on the Internet", UA News, University of Arizona
- Editorial board, IEEE Intelligent Systems, retrieved 2 August 2017.
- IEEE Fellows directory, accessed 2 August 2017.
- Feiyue Wang, American Association for the Advancement of Science accessed 2 August 2017.
- List of ASME Fellows, ASME, retrieved 2 August 2017.
- IEEE ITS Outstanding Research Award, retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Norbert Wiener Award, IEEE SMC, retrieved 5 August 2017.