Federico Santiago Valverde Dipetta (Spanish pronunciation: [feðeˈɾiko βalˈβeɾðe];[a] born 22 July 1998) is a Uruguayan professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Uruguay national team.
Valverde with Uruguay in 2017
|Full name||Federico Santiago Valverde Dipetta|
|Date of birth||22 July 1998|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2016–2017||Real Madrid B||30||(3)|
|2017–2018||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||24||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 October 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 October 2019
Valverde spent most of his youth career with Peñarol, where he quickly made an impression. Making his debut for Peñarol in their first fixture of 2015–16 season against Cerro. He became part of Uruguayan's youth teams and attracted the interest of clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
In July 2016 he transferred from Peñarol to Real Madrid, being assigned to the B team. Two months later, Valverde made his debut for Castilla against Real Unión, in the game which his club eventually lost. He became a regular member of the second team during his debut season. The midfielder scored his first goal for Castilla against Albacete in December 2016.
In regards to his growing importance to the team, Santiago Solari, his coach at Castilla, said on 29 January 2017, "I'm very happy with him. He has adapted very well to the club and country. Valverde always generates a lot of football in midfield." 
Loan to Deportivo La CoruñaEdit
On 22 June 2017, Valverde was loaned to La Liga side Deportivo de La Coruña for one year. He made his debut in the competition on 10 September, replacing Fede Cartabia in a 2–4 home loss against Real Sociedad.
Valverde contributed with 24 league appearances during the campaign, as his side suffered relegation.
Return to Real MadridEdit
On 5 September 2017, he made his debut with Uruguay national football team and scored his first international goal with the senior team in a match against Paraguay.
In the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup quarter-finals match against Portugal, Valverde displayed a facial expression using his fingers to slant his eyes after scoring a penalty. This action was considered racist and offended numerous football fans in the host nation, Korea Republic and Valverde has been criticized by tens of thousands of football fans around the world. He has since explained that the celebration was for his friend and agent "el Chino" Saldavia.
- As of 5 October 2019
|Real Madrid Castilla||2016–17||30||3||—||0||0||30||3|
|Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||2017–18||24||0||1||0||0||0||25||0|
- As of match played 11 October 2019
- Scores and results list Uruguay's goal tally first.
|1.||5 September 2017||Estadio Defensores del Chaco, Asunción, Paraguay||Paraguay||1–0||2–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||7 June 2019||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay||Panama||3–0||3–0||Friendly|
- "Acta del Partido celebrado el 19 de mayo de 2019, en Madrid" [Minutes of the Match held on 19 May 2019, in Madrid] (in Spanish). Royal Spanish Football Federation. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Real Madrid profile".
- "CERRO VS. PEÑAROL 0 – 3". Soccerway.
- Arsenal battle Real Madrid for Uruguayan starlet Federico Valverde
- Arsenal ‘launch transfer bid to sign Uruguay starlet Federico Valverde ahead of Barcelona’
- Arsenal and Chelsea battling transfer Uruguayan talent.
- "Real Madrid sign up starlet Valverde – MARCA English". Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "1-0: Castilla lost by the tightest of margins in Irún - Realmadrid.com". Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "3-1: Castilla see off the leaders at the Di Stéfano - Realmadrid.com". Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Valverde – one of Real Madrid Castilla's most important players – MARCA English". Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Fede Valverde, nuevo jugador del Deportivo para la Temporada 2017–2018" [Fede Valverde, new player of Deportivo for the 2017–2018 season] (in Spanish). Deportivo La Coruña. 22 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Fede Valverde will stay with Real Madrid". Marca. 17 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "U20 World Cup displays convince Real Madrid of Valverde talent". MARCA in English.
- "[U-20 현장 리액션] '인종차별 논란' 발베르데, "한국팬들에게 죄송하다"". 다음스포츠 (in Korean). 5 June 2017.
- "Under-20 World Cup: Real Madrid's Federico Valverde denies making racist gesture". BBC Sport. 5 June 2017.
- "'인종 차별 논란' 발베르데와 우루과이, FIFA 징계 임박". Naver Sports (in Korean).
- Federico Valverde at Soccerway
- "F. VALVERDE PASSPORT". int.soccerway.com.
- Rodríguez, José María (22 December 2018). "El Madrid agranda su leyenda" [Madrid largen their legend]. Marca (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017 – Awards". FIFA.com.