Federation of Drama Schools
|Formation||13 June 2017|
|Purpose||Provides vocational drama training|
A formal organisation for drama training in the UK was first established with the Conference of Drama Schools (CDS) in 1969. This was followed by the National Council for Drama Training in 1976, which was primarily responsible for accrediting courses offered by the Conference of Drama Schools. In July 2012 both national organisations were merged to form a single regulatory body called Drama UK. The Federation of Drama Schools was formed on 13 June 2017 following the abolition of Drama UK in 2016 after a period of instability in which several high-profile schools quit the organisation. Unlike its predecessor, the membership body will not provide independent accreditation for schools, but all members commit to adhering to a set of 'guiding hallmarks'.
- Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA)
- Arts Educational Schools, London (ArtsEd)
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Drama Centre London
- Drama Studio London
- East 15 Acting School (E15)
- Guildford School of Acting (GSA)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA)
- Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA)
- Manchester School of Theatre
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- The Oxford School of Drama
- Rose Bruford College
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (RCSSD)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (formerly RSAMD)
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama (RWCMD)
- Granger, Rachel. "Rapid Scoping Study on Leicester Drama School" (PDF). De Montfort University Leicester. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Birmingham Conservatoire : Federation of Drama Schools launches with Birmingham Conservatoire as member school". www.bcu.ac.uk. Birmingham Conservatoire, 13 June 2107. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Snow, Georgia (13 June 2017). "Drama schools launch membership body to replace Drama UK | News | The Stage". The Stage. The Stage Newspaper. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- "MEMBER SCHOOLS - Federation of Drama Schools". federationofdramaschools.co.uk. Federation of Drama Schools 2017. Retrieved 17 August 2017.