Federal Realty Investment Trust
|Traded as||NYSE: FRT|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Founder||Samuel J. Gorlitz|
|Joseph S. Vassalluzzo, Chairman|
Donald C. Wood, CEO & President
Daniel Guglielmone, CFO
|Revenue||$0.841 billion (2017)|
|$0.297 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||$6.275 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$2.391 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
As of December 31, 2017, the company owned interests in 104 shopping centers containing 24.2 million square feet.
Notable properties owned by the company include:
|Santana Row||San Jose, California|
|Westgate Center||San Jose, California|
|The Shops at Sunset Place||South Miami, Florida|
|The Grove at Shrewsbury||Shrewsbury, New Jersey|
In 2007, founder Samuel J. Gorlitz died.
In 2012, the company acquired a controlling interest in Montrose Crossing, a property in Rockville, Maryland for $127 million and a controlling interest in a property in El Segundo, California for $183.5 million.
In 2017, the company acquired a property in Pasadena, California for $29.5 million. The company also acquired Riverpoint Center in Chicago, Illinois for $107 million and 7 properties in Los Angeles County for $345 million.
- "Federal Realty Investment Trust 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Samuel J. Gorlitz, 89; Started Investment Trust". The Washington Post. January 16, 2007.
- "Federal Realty (FRT) Acquires Del Mar Village in Boca Raton, Florida". Street Insider. June 2, 2008.
- "Federal Realty buys stake in Rockville shopping center". American City Business Journals. January 10, 2012.
- Zucker, Shaina (January 4, 2012). "Federal Realty buys in El Segundo". American City Business Journals.
- Clarke, Katherine (September 16, 2013). "Lloyd Goldman-led partnership to buy historic Midway Theater". The Real Deal.
- "Federal Realty Acquires Two Key Retail Centers In Affluent Monmouth County, New Jersey" (Press release). PR Newswire. January 6, 2014.
- "Federal Realty Acquires High-Profile Mixed-Use Center In South Miami, Florida" (Press release). PR Newswire. October 1, 2015.
- "Federal Realty Investment Trust Set to Join the S&P 500; Curtiss-Wright, Pool to Join S&P MidCap 400; Cray, Asbury Automotive to Join S&P SmallCap 600" (Press release). PR Newswire. January 22, 2016.
- "Federal Realty Investment Trust Acquires Hastings Ranch Plaza, Future Value Creation Opportunity on Prominent Freeway-Adjacent Location with Access to Mass Transit" (Press release). PR Newswire. February 9, 2017.
- Kouch, Eda; Chen, Cathaleen (February 10, 2017). "Here's what LA's $10M-$30M investment sales market looked like last week". The Real Deal.
- "Federal Realty Investment Trust Acquires Riverpoint Center in Chicago's Lincoln Park Neighborhood" (Press release). PR Newswire. April 5, 2017.
- "Federal Realty Investment Trust Announces Acquisition of Seven Properties in Southern California" (Press release). PR Newswire. August 3, 2017.
- Jordan, Karen (August 8, 2017). "Federal Realty Buys Stake In 7 LA Retail Properties For $345M". Bisnow Media.
- Business data for Federal Realty Investment Trust: