Fazalhaq Farooqi (also known as Fazal Haque), was born 22 September 2000 and is an Afghan international cricketer who plays for the Afghanistan national cricket team in all formats of the game. Fazalhaq made his international debut for the Afghanistan cricket team in March 2021. In franchise leagues, he plays for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League (IPL), Dhaka Dominators in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), and Islamabad United in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). 
|Born||22 September 2000|
|ODI debut (cap 52)||25 January 2022 v Netherlands|
|Last ODI||30 November 2022 v Sri Lanka|
|T20I debut (cap 43)||20 March 2021 v Zimbabwe|
|Last T20I||27 March 2023 v Pakistan|
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNCricinfo, 11 March 2023
Fazalhaq made his first-class debut for Amo Region in the 2017–18 Ahmad Shah Abdali 4-day Tournament on 13 November 2017. He made his List A debut for Amo Region in the 2018 Ghazi Amanullah Khan Regional One Day Tournament on 10 July 2018.
In September 2018, he was named in Nangarhar's squad in the first edition of the Afghanistan Premier League tournament. In December 2018, he was named in Afghanistan's under-23 team for the 2018 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup. He made his Twenty20 debut on 14 October 2019, for Boost Defenders in the 2019 Shpageeza Cricket League.
In December 2019, he was named in Afghanistan's squad for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In February 2021, he was named in Afghanistan's Test squad for their series against Zimbabwe. The following month, he was named in Afghanistan's Twenty20 International (T20I) squad, also for their series against Zimbabwe. He made his T20I debut for Afghanistan, against Zimbabwe, on 20 March 2021. Later the same month, Chennai Super Kings included Fazalhaq as a net bowler in their squad for 2021 Indian Premier League. Farooqi also served as Kings XI Punjab's net bowler in the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League.
In July 2021, Fazalhaq was named in Afghanistan's One Day International (ODI) squad for their series against Pakistan. In January 2022, he was named in Afghanistan's ODI squad for their series against the Netherlands in Qatar. He made his ODI debut on 25 January 2022, for Afghanistan against the Netherlands.
In February 2022, he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament. In July 2022, he was signed by the Colombo Stars for the third edition of the Lanka Premier League. On 23 December 2022, the Sydney Thunder terminated his contract following an investigation by Cricket Australia into a behavioral incident involving Fazalhaq, which occurred on 15 December 2022 and involved alleged harassment of female cricketing staff.
Player Profiles & Statistics
First Post - https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/player-profile/fazal-haque-67927
Cricketpedia - https://www.cricketpedia.in/en/player/fazal-haque-2201/ipl
- ^ "Fazalhaq Farooqi". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- ^ "9th Match, Alokozay Ahmad Shah Abdali 4-day Tournament at Khost, Nov 13-16 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- ^ "Group A, Ghazi Amanullah Khan Regional One Day Tournament at Kabul, Jul 10 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- ^ "Gayle, Afridi, Russell: icons in Afghanistan Premier League". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- ^ "Afghanistan Under-23s Squad". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- ^ "15th Match, Shpageeza Cricket League at Kabul, Oct 14 2019". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- ^ "Afghanistan U19 squad announced for ICC U19 World Cup". Afghanistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- ^ "Rashid Khan in squad for Zimbabwe Tests, to miss large part of PSL season". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- ^ "Afghanistan T20I squad announced albeit visa issues for Some Players". Afghanistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- ^ "3rd T20I, Abu Dhabi, Mar 20 2021, Zimbabwe tour of United Arab Emirates". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- ^ Gaur, Akshat. "Chennai Super Kings include a young Afghan pacer as a net bowler in their squad". CricketTimes.com. Retrieved 25 March 2021.
- ^ Shukla, Shivani (25 March 2021). "IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings Rope in Afghanistan Pacer Ahead Of The Tournament". ProBatsman.Com.
- ^ "Fazalhaq Farooqi, Noor Ahmad in Afghanistan squad for their first bilateral ODI series against Pakistan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- ^ "Nabi rules himself out of Netherlands ODIs". CricBuzz. Retrieved 15 January 2022.
- ^ "3rd ODI, Doha, Jan 25 2022, ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Super League". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 25 January 2022.
- ^ "IPL 2022 auction: The list of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- ^ "LPL 2022 draft: Kandy Falcons sign Hasaranga; Rajapaksa to turn out for Dambulla Giants". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 July 2022.
- ^ Middleton, Dave. "Thunder terminate Farooqi's deal after investigation". cricket.com.au. Cricket Australia. Retrieved 23 December 2022.
- ^ "Fresh details emerge after BBL star sacked over harassment accusations". Fox Sports. 24 December 2022. Retrieved 24 December 2022.