The Fayetteville SwampDogs were a collegiate summer baseball team that played in the Coastal Plain League. The team plays its home games at J. P. Riddle Stadium, nicknamed "The Swamp", in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The SwampDogs have played in the Coastal Plain League since the 2001 season, when they finished atop the South division with a record of 18 wins and 8 losses. The SwampDogs replaced the Cape Fear Crocs at J. P. Riddle Stadium.
|League||Coastal Plain League|
|Location||Fayetteville, North Carolina|
|Ballpark||J. P. Riddle Stadium|
|Colors||Navy blue, Columbia blue, green, tan, white|
|Management||Lew Handelsman, Owner|
Jeremy Aagard, General Manager
The team announced on October 3, 2019 that they would sit out the 2020 Coastal Plain League season and relocate afterwards, having failed to reach a new lease agreement on J. P. Riddle Stadium.
- David Aardsma (2001); pitcher, Chicago White Sox
- Mark Reynolds (2003); third Baseman, Washington Nationals
- Andy Dirks (2005); outfielder, Detroit Tigers
- Michael McKenry (2005); catcher, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Blake Gailen (2005–06); outfielder, Los Angeles Dodgers organization
- Carter Capps (2010); pitcher, Seattle Mariners
- Kevin Quackenbush (2008); pitcher, San Diego Padres
- Layne Somsen (2012); pitcher, Cincinnati Reds
- ^ a b c d e Spedden, Zach (October 4, 2019). "SwampDogs Leaving Fayetteville, Will Sit Out 2020". Ballpark Digest. August Publishing. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- ^ "SwampDogs Are Gone" (Press release). Fayetteville SwampDogs. October 3, 2019. Archived from the original on August 9, 2020. Retrieved October 4, 2019.