|Born||12 December 1942|
Together with Hülya Koçyiğit, Filiz Akın and Türkan Şoray, she is an icon for a golden age in Turkish cinematography and is regarded as one of the four most important actresses in Turkish cinema. Cüneyt Arkın and Fatma girik are one of the famous partners of Yeşilçam Turkish cinema.
She graduated from Cağaloğlu Girls High School in Istanbul. Her first appearance in front of the camera was as a walking lady in Günahkar Baba (Sinful Father) by Arşavir Alyanak.
After a stint in small parts, she landed the leading role in Leke (The Stain) by Seyfi Havaeri in 1958. Three years later she became a respected movie star with her leading role in Ölüm Peşimizde (Death is Chasing Us) by Memduh Ün. She went on to star in over 180 films. Later on, she ventured into politics, becoming mayor of the district of Şişli in Istanbul between 1989–94.
- Gönül Dostları
- Gurbet Kadını
- Bize Ne Oldu
- Benim İçin Ağlama
- Altın Kızlar
- Babalar ve Evlatları
- 2nd Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival 1965, Keşanlı Ali Destanı, Best Actress
- 4th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival 1967, Sürtüğün Kızı, Best Actress
- 1st Adana Golden Boll Film Festival 1969, Ezo Gelin, Best Actress
- 2nd Adana Golden Boll Film Festival 1970, Boş Beşik, Best Actress
- 3rd Adana Golden Boll Film Festival 1971, Acı, Best Actress
- 35th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival 1998, Sürtüğün Kızı, Lifetime honorary award
- Cumali, Seral (7 April 2013). "Tekrar dünyaya gelsem yine sanatçı olurum yine Memduh'a aşık olurum". Posta Newspaper. Archived from the original on 8 April 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Türkiye'nin İlk Kadın Filmleri Festivali" (PDF). Uçan Süpürge. May 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2014.