A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2019)
Fasken, formerly Fasken Martineau DuMoulin, is an international business law firm with approximately 700 lawyers and offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, Beijing, London and Johannesburg. On 29 November 2017, the firm announced that it is changing its name to Fasken. The firm was founded in 1863.
|No. of offices||10 (Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, London, Johannesburg, Beijing)|
|No. of lawyers||700|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Date founded||1999, 2000 (by combination)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Fasken began as a merger of three predecessor firms: Fasken Campbell Godfrey; Martineau Walker; and Russell & DuMoulin. (Fasken Campbell Godfrey in Toronto formed from the 1989 merger of two long standing Toronto firms — Fasken & Calvin, which began as Beatty and Chadwick, founded in 1863 by William Henry Beatty and Edward Marion Chadwick; Campbell Godfrey & Lewtas, which began as Howland & Arnoldi, in the 1880s; Martineau Walker in Montreal, which dates from 1907; and Russell & DuMoulin in Vancouver, dating from 1882.)
In late 1999, Toronto-based Fasken Campbell Godfrey and Quebec-based Martineau Walker (Montreal and Quebec City) joined, forming Fasken Martineau. In February 2000, Vancouver-based Russell & DuMoulin joined to create Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP.
Notable members and alumni
- "Peter Feldberg elected managing partner of Fasken Martineau following contentious vote". financialpost. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- "A new brand, a new website, a new name - One Fasken". www.fasken.com. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP fonds". archeion.
- Lawyers, Families, and Businesses: The Shaping of a Bay Street Law Firm, Faskens 1863-1963, by C. Ian Kyer, Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History, 2013.ISBN 978-1-55221-326-1
- "That's History: Call of the Pacific lured Ontario lawyers". Lawtimesnews.com.