Farm to Market Road 331
|Length||11.685 mi[a] (18.805 km)|
|South end||SH 36 north of Sealy|
|North end||Oil Field Rd. near Raccoon Bend|
FM 331 begins at an intersection with SH 36 north of Sealy. The route travels to the north into the small community of Burleigh, where it has a brief concurrency with FM 529. It continues northward, roughly paralleling the Brazos River to its east, before state maintenance ends at Oil Field Road near the community of Raccoon Bend. Oil Field Road continues into the town and provides access to SH 159.
FM 331 was originally designated along a 7-mile (11 km) stretch from SH 159 in Bellville to Burleigh on June 16, 1945. On October 31, 1958, the highway was extended southward 6.3 miles (10.1 km) from Burleigh to SH 36 southeast of Peters. The highway was rerouted on April 6, 1970, when the original section from Bellville to Burleigh was redesignated as part of FM 529; the section north of Burleigh to Raccoon Bend, which was formerly FM 2916, was also added to the route.
The entire route is in Austin County.
|||0.0||0.0||SH 36 – Bellville, Sealy||Southern terminus|
|Burleigh||5.9||9.5||FM 529 west – Bellville||South end of FM 529 concurrency|
|||6.3||10.1||FM 529 east||North end of FM 529 concurrency|
|||12.1||19.5||Oil Field Rd.||Northern terminus; state maintenance ends|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the TxDOT description of FM 331 considers it to be discontinuous at FM 529.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "Farm to Market Road No. 331". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2014). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2014 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 476. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2014). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2014 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 475. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Google (March 31, 2011). "Overview map of Farm to Market Road 331 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved March 31, 2011.