Fariman (Persian: فريمان; also Romanized as Farīmān; also known as Farīmūn) is a city and capital of Fariman County, Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 32,610, in 8,203 families.
|• Total||39,515 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
|Fariman at GEOnet Names Server|
- Khodadad Azizi, born in Fariman; Iranian Football player
- Hassan Ghazizadeh Hashemi, born 21 March 1959 in Fariman; Minister of Health and Medical Education of President Hassan Rouhani
- Morteza Motahhari, 31 January 1919 in Fariman - 1 May 1979; an Iranian cleric, philosopher, lecturer, and politician
- Hadi Khorsandi, born 22 July 1943 (age 75) in Fariman; poet, and writer of Persian socio-political issues.
Gallery of the damEdit
- "Statistical Center of Iran > Home".
- Fariman can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3062717" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Statistical Center of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.