Falmouth Beach Hotel
Falmouth Beach Hotel is a hotel on the seafront of Gyllyngvase beach in Falmouth, Cornwall operated in conjunction with the neighbouring St Michael's Hotel & Spa. The original four storey 120 room hotel was operated by Best Western.
|Falmouth Beach Hotel|
Falmouth Beach Hotel in 2007
|Location||Gyllyngvase, Falmouth, Cornwall, UK|
|Number of rooms||31|
On April 30, 2012, the hotel was devastated by a fire which broke out on the third floor at roughly 12 noon, which caused the roof to collapse and significant damage to the building. The blaze was tackled by some 100 fire fighters. Amongst the guests at the hotel at the time of the fire was Blur guitarist Graham Coxon. Most of the hotel was demolished over the next months. The site stood empty for months and was eventually put up for sale due to retirement.
- Thomas, David (11 June 2014). "Plans revealed for Falmouth Beach Hotel site". The West Briton. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Falmouth Beach Hotel - Rooms". Falmouth Beach Hotel. Archived from the original on 19 February 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-24.
- "Falmouth Beach Hotel in Cornwall destroyed by 'massive' fire". The Independent. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Watts, Peter (July 2003). The Level Guide to the South West. How To Books Ltd. p. 155. ISBN 978-1-85703-906-1. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Fire at Falmouth Beach Hotel". This is Cornwall. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Falmouth hotel fire: Blur guitarist among guests". BBC. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.