Falling is a 2015 Nigerian romantic drama film written and produced by Uduak Isong Oguamanam, and directed by Niyi Akinmolayan. It stars Desmond Elliot, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Adesua Etomi, Tamara Eteimo and Kofi Adjorlolo.
|Directed by||Niyi Akinmolayan|
|Written by||Uduak Isong Oguamanam|
|Produced by||Uduak Isong Oguamanam|
|Distributed by||FilmOne Distribution|
The film narrates the story of a young couple, Muna (Adesua Etomi) and Imoh (Kunle Rhemmy); Muna has to live with the effects of an accident that has left Imoh deeply unconscious for several months.
The film tells a story of Muna (Adesua Etomi) and Imoh (Kunle Remi), a happily married young couple. On his way to work, Imoh had an accident that got him to coma. Despite monetary challenges, Muna continued believing that Imoh will regain consciousness. After the hospital decided to discharge Imoh in his condition, Muna seeks help from her dad, Mr Mba (Kofi Adjorlolo), who gave her part of the money needed for him to continue to use the life support at least for a month. Muna's sister, Tina, (Tamara Eteimo), is worried that Muna is allowing her husband's situation get the best of her and Imoh might never be fully healthy. She convinced Muna to follow her to an event, to the distaste of Muna. On getting to the club, Tina's friend, Yemi (Blossom Chukwujekwu) tries to woo Muna, after Tina tells him about Muna's situation. The next day, Muna got angry with Tina, who explained that Yemi is a medical doctor and might be able to assist that was why she told him personal information concerning her husband. Despite Yemi's advances to become friends, Muna is reluctant in reciprocating his kindness towards her. After some months, they get to know each-other more and Muna began to get herself together again despite Imoh still in coma. She got her script-writing job back despite a lack of recommendation from her producer, (Deyemi Okanlawon) earlier. While having fun with Yemi, Muna got caught in the moment and had sex with him. The sexual encounter resulted to pregnancy. A few days after Muna is aware of being pregnant Imoh regained consciousness and was discharged from the hospital.
Imoh began acting strange as suspected by Yemi. Muna tells him about the pregnancy and he instructed her to abort it. This led to struggles in their relationship. After Yemi knows of the child, he told Muna that she must keep it and this could be a sign that they were meant to be together. Mr Mba gets hospitalized while having sex with his new much younger wife, Lota Chukwu. While speaking with Muna, Tina and their mum of his past mistakes, Imoh walks in and reconciles with Muna. They both agree to keep the baby.
Production and releaseEdit
Falling was shot on location in Lagos for a period of two weeks. This film is Uduak Isong Oguamanam's first solo effort as a film producer. Teaser posters for the film was released online in May 2015. A trailer for the film was released on 5 May 2015. Another poster was released online in July 2015. Uduak announced that the film would premiere on 18 September 2015 and be generally released on the same day.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2016||2016 Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards||Best Actor in a Drama||Blossom Chukwujekwu||Nominated|||
|Best Actress in a Drama||Adesua Etomi||Won|
- Nwanne, Chuks (1 August 2015). "Filmmaker, Uduak Steps Out Solo With Falling". The Guardian. Lagos. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Salihu, Ejura (30 June 2015). "'Falling' Set for Release in September". Connect Nigeria. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Izuzu, Chidumga (5 May 2015). "Actress stars alongside Blossom Chukwujekwu, Kunle Rhemmy in 'Falling'". Pulse NG. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Akinsemoyin, Adeola (2 August 2015). "Uduak Isong Produces First Solo Movie, "Falling"". True Nollywood Stories (TNS). Retrieved 3 September 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Izuzu, Chidumga (28 May 2015). "Check out 1st teaser posters for Uduak Isong's upcoming movie". Pulse NG. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "1st teaser posters for Uduak Isong's upcoming movie:Falling". Makin Magazine. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Falade, Yemi (16 May 2015). "Watch Adesua Etomi & Blossom Chukwujekwu In Uduak Isong's "Falling"". True Nollywood Stories (TNS). Retrieved 3 September 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Izuzu, Chidumga (13 July 2015). "New poster features Blossom Chukwujekwu, Kunle Rhemmy, Adesua Etomi". Pulse NG. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Badmus, Kayode (13 August 2015). "'Falling' starring Desmond Elliot and Adesua Etomi to hit cinemas next month". The NET. Nigerian Entertainment Today. Archived from the original on 20 August 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Kushaba, Kyle Duncan (2016-03-08). "Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards 2016: The full winners' list". Newvision.co.ug. Archived from the original on 2019-07-30. Retrieved 2016-04-21.