Fake news (disambiguation)
|Look up fake news in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fake news is a type of hoax or deliberate spread of misinformation published in traditional news media or via social media to mislead in order to gain financially or politically.
Fake news may also refer to:
Arts and entertainmentEdit
- Advertorial, an advertisement in the form of editorial content
- Cyber ShockWave, GNN is an example of faux news
- Disinformation, intentionally false information intended to deceive the target audience
- Fake news websites in the United States
- List of fake news websites
- Lying press, a pejorative political term used largely by German political movements for the mass media
- Managing the news, acts intended to influence the presentation of information within the news media
- News propaganda, a type of propaganda covertly packaged as credible news, but without sufficient transparency concerning the source
- News satire, a type of parody presented in a format typical of mainstream journalism
- Spin (propaganda), a form of propaganda, achieved through providing a biased interpretation
- Video news release, a video segment made to look like a news report created by a PR firm, advertising agency, marketing firm, corporation, or government agency
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fake news.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.