Faisal bin Turki I bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Faisal bin Turki I bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Arabic: فيصل بن تركي الأول بن عبد العزيز آل سعود, Faisal bin Turkī l-ʾAwwal bin ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz Āl Saʿūd) (1918–1968), was the only son of Turki I bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the eldest grandson of Abdulaziz Ibn Saud. He served as minister of interior during the reign of King Saud and was first minister of labour and social affairs.
|Faisal bin Turki I|
Prince Faisal bin Turki I
Son of Turki I of Najd and Hejaz
|Minister of Interior|
|Predecessor||Abdul Mohsin bin Abdulaziz|
|Successor||Fahd bin Abdulaziz|
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
|Died||1968 (aged 49–50)|
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
|Issue||Princess Al Jawhara|
|House||House of Saud|
|Father||Crown Prince Turki Al Awwal of Najd and Hejaz|
|Mother||Nuwair bint Obaid Al Rasheed|
|Religion||Wahhabi Hanbali Sunni Islam|
Early life and educationEdit
Prince Faisal was born in Riyadh in 1918, and was the only son of Turki I bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (also known as Turki Al Awwal) and Princess Nora bint Obaid Al Rasheed. He lived four months with his parents until they both died due to the flu pandemic. Faisal was raised then by his grandparents King Abdulaziz and Princess Wadha bint Mohammed, of whom he was the eldest grandchild. He was older than most of his uncles. King Saud, his full uncle, was close to him and guarded him on every step of his life. Faisal studied at Princes' School in Riyadh. In 1934, his late father came to be known as Turki I, due to the birth of Faisal's uncle, Turki II. Faisal also had to start using the name Faisal bin Turki I.
Prince Faisal had a several works in the government. Shortly after the unification of the Kingdom, King Abdulaziz appointed him as Prince of Al Khafji, a small village. He was the first Prince for the town after the establishment of Saudi Arabia. In June 1961, King Saud appointed him the first minister of labour and social affairs. In September 1961, he became minister of interior, succeeding his uncle, Prince Abdul Muhsin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and remained in this position until 31 October 1962.
- Princess Munira bint Abdulaziz Al Oqla
- Princess Buniah bint Musl'am bin Harqan Al Subaie
- Princess Tefla bint Abdullah Al Khrassan Al Ajmi
- Princess Juza bint Mohammed bin Waj'an Al Shammeri
- Princess Hassa bint Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- Princess Amoosha bint Obaid bin Abdullah Rasheed
- Princess Al Jawhara bint Faisal bin Turki
- Princess Sara bint Faisal bin Turki, wife of Prince Mishaal bin Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- Prince Turki bin Faisal bin Turki (deceased), died overseas at the age of 58, after suffering a heart attack. His wife was Princess Sarah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz.
- Prince Abdullah bin Faisal bin Turki (1945– 19 February 2019), married Princess Hassa bint Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1950–2010), the daughter of King Khalid of Saudi Arabia.
- Prince Khalid bin Faisal bin Turki (I) bin Abdulaziz al Saud (deceased). Married to Princess Nouf Bint Bandar Bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
- Princess Seetah bint Faisal bin Turki (I) bin Abdulaziz al Saud. Married to Prince Faisal bin Abdulaziz bin Faisal Al Saud.
- Prince Abdulaziz Bin Faisal bin Turki (I) bin Abdulaziz al Saud (deceased, heart attack).
- Princess Mashael bint Faisal bin Turki (I) bin Abdulaziz al Saud (died 2016, after a long fight with cancer). Married to Prince Bandar bin Abdullah bin Mohammed Saud al Kabeer Al Saud
- Prince Mohammed bin Faisal bin Turki (I) bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
- Yitzhak Oron, Ed. Middle East Record Volume 2, 1961. The Moshe Dayan Center. p. 419. GGKEY:4Q1FXYK79X8. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- "Family Tree of Hussa bint Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud". Datarabia. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
Abdul Muhsin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
| Minister of Interior
Fahd Al Saud
| Eldest surviving grandson of Ibn Saud
Abdullah bin Faisal