Fairview High School (Boulder, Colorado)
Fairview High School is a public, coeducational, comprehensive BVSD secondary school located in Boulder, Colorado, 26 miles (40 km) northwest of Denver. More than two thousand students attend the school. It is in the 5A category of the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA).
|Fairview High School|
1515 Greenbriar Boulevard
|Established||1960 (60 years ago)|
|School district||Boulder Valley|
|Student to teacher ratio||22.35|
|Color(s)||Red and white |
|Athletics||CHSAA Class 5A|
|Feeder schools||Southern Hills (Middle)|
|Elevation||5,480 ft (1,670 m) AMSL|
|Website||Fairview High School|
|2012-2013 academic year|
|Two or more ethnicities||5|
|Sport||No. of Championships||Year|
|Chess||6||1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2017|
|Cross country, boys'||2||2000, 2001|
|Cross country, girls'||6||1980, 1982, 1984, 1999, 2001, 2005|
|Football||3||1978, 1979, 1987|
|Swimming, girls'||3||2004, 2016, 2018|
|Track & field, boys'||2||1985, 1990|
|Track & field, girls'||1||1990|
|Gymnastics, boys' (former)||2||1965, 1966|
- Lada Adamic, network scientist
- Natalia Toro (1999) - physicist at the Perimeter Institute
Entertainment and musicEdit
- Jessica Biel (born 1982, class of 2000) - actress in films and television, played Mary Camden in TV series 7th Heaven, married to singer-actor Justin Timberlake; Biel never fully attended Fairview, she was only tutored there.
- Jill Goodacre (born 1964, class of 1982) - former model and actress, married to musician Harry Connick Jr.
- Sheryl Lee (born 1967, class of 1985) - actress, played Laura Palmer on TV show Twin Peaks
- Rudresh Mahanthappa (born, 1971, class of 1988) - jazz alto saxophonist and composer, Guggenheim fellow
- Dizzy Reed - keyboardist, Guns N' Roses
- Jacob Sproul (born 1983, Class of 2001) - rhythm guitarist and vocalist of rock band Rose Hill Drive
- Joan Van Ark (born 1943, class of 1961) - actress, played Valene Ewing in primetime soap opera Knots Landing
- Sheree J. Wilson (born 1958, class of 1977) - played April on TV series Dallas, and Alex on Walker, Texas Ranger
- Sean Foreman (Born 1985, class of 2003) - Vocalist for the electronic pop duo 3OH!3.
- Joe Barry (born 1970), assistant head coach and linebackers coach for Los Angeles Rams
- Kenny Bell (born 1992, class of 2010) - NFL wide receiver for Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tony Boselli (born 1972, class of 1991) - offensive tackle selected 2nd overall in 1995 NFL Draft and first overall in 2002 NFL Expansion Draft; five-time Pro Bowler (1996-2000); three-time All-Pro (1997–99); career cut short due to injuries following 2002 season
- Tom Chambers (born 1959, class of 1977) - basketball player, selected 8th overall in 1981 NBA Draft, four-time All-Star, played for 1992-93 Phoenix Suns team that went 62-20 and lost to Chicago Bulls in NBA Finals
- Jesse Crain (born 1981, class of 1999) - MLB pitcher for Minnesota Twins and Chicago White Sox high school teammate and good friend of American Idol Finalist and songwriterAce Young
- Daryl Dickey (born 1961), football administrator, coach and player; head coach at University of West Georgia 2008-13
- Chris Foote (born 1956), NFL center for Baltimore Colts, New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
- Jay Howell (born 1955), three-time All-Star MLB pitcher
- Scott Lockwood (born 1968) - NFL running back who played two seasons with New England Patriots
- Dustin Lyman - NFL football player who played for five seasons for Chicago Bears
- John Mozeliak (born 1969, class of 1987) - general manager of MLB's St. Louis Cardinals; 2011 World Series champion
- Chuck Pagano (born 1960, class of 1978) - NFL head coach, Indianapolis Colts, 2012- 
- John Pagano (born 1967, class of 1985) - assistant coach of NFL's Oakland Raiders; defensive coordinator for San Diego Chargers 2012-16
- Cat Zingano (born 1982) - wrestler; professional mixed martial arts fighter, UFC's bantamweight division
- Margo Hayes (born 1998, class of 2016) - professional climber and the first woman to climb a route graded 9a+
- "Fairview High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 9 May 2020.
- "Fairview High School: Student Body". usnews.com. US News & World Report. 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "WayBackMachine" (PDF). web.archive.org. chsaa.org. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 December 2008. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Colorado State Chess Association Scholastic Team Champions".
- Honan, William H. (9 March 1999). "A 14-Year-Old Wins Top Prize In Intel Contest". New York Times. New York Times. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Natalia Toro followed a far-from-ordinary path from CU high school concurrent student to particle physicist". Continuing Education at Colorado. University of Colorado. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- Gorzkowski, Waldemar; Tichy-Rács, Ádám. "IPhO LIST OF WINNERS IN 1ST – 41ST INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS OLYMPIADS" (PDF). JYU. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Natalia Toro". Cogito.org. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- James Brady (10 July 2005). "In Step With: Jessica Biel". Parade Magazine. Archived from the original on 17 October 2006.
- CBS Denver (2 December 2013). "Famous Coloradans". CBS Local.
- Garcia, Keith. "From Felicity to Foxy Brown, Five Colorado Actresses Who Made Their Name in Hollywood", Westword, January 30, 2015. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Sheryl Lee Perhaps the Fairview High grad with the most obsessive fans around the world is Lee, whose big break came when auteur David Lynch cast the aspiring actress as the doomed Laura Palmer in the most talked-about TV show in years, Twin Peaks."
- Gassman, Ian. "From The Who tour to Larimer Lounge: Boulder’s Rose Hill Drive is back after 6 years", Denver Post, December 14, 2016. Accessed May 4, 2017. "The Sproul brothers met Barnes while attending Boulder’s Fairview High School and began practicing in that (since demolished) house way back in 2000."
- Heckel, Aimee. "Heckel: Don't you wish your girlfriend was classy like me?", Daily Camera, November 15, 2007. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Van Ark, a Fairview High School graduate, is known for her signature outfit: long-legged pants suits with a jacket, just above the knees."
- Joe Barry, USC Trojans football. Accessed May 4, 2017. "He was a 2-time (1987-88) All-Colorado pick at Fairview High in Boulder after earning All-Iowa second team honors as a 1986 sophomore at Ames (Ia.) High."
- Nguyen, Joe. "Former Fairview star WR Kenny Bell drafted by Tampa Bay", Denver Post, May 2, 2015. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Former Fairview High School star wide receiver Kenny Bell was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round with the 162nd pick in the 2015 NFL draft."
- Crowe, Jerry. "The Line on Boselli Turned Out to Be True : USC: Hard-working redshirt freshman has more than lived up to great expectations.", Los Angeles Times, October 11, 1991. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Boselli came to USC from Fairview High in Boulder, where he carried a 3.5 grade-point average. Fairview is also the alma mater of Chris Foote, a starter at center for USC in the late 1970s, and Scott Lockwood, who was the Trojans' starting fullback before he was sidelined by knee surgery two weeks ago."
- Clarke, Norm. "Colorado's All Time Top Prep Star? Tom Chambers - By A Spurt", The Seattle Times, February 25, 1990. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Midway through high school, Tom Chambers gave little indication he was destined to become the greatest basketball player ever to come out of Colorado. 'After his sophomore season, he was a 6-2 guard,' remembers Tom McCracken, Chambers' coach at Fairview High School in Boulder."
- Renck, Troy E. "Jesse Crain being shopped by White Sox, could return to Colorado", Denver Post, July 15, 2013, updated April 29, 2016. Accessed May 4, 2017. "Crain, a former star at Boulder’s Fairview High School, has thought about it."
- Daryl Dickey, Florida State Seminoles football. Accessed May 4, 2017. "He played high school football at Buchholz High in Gainesville, Fla., but graduated from Fairview High in Boulder, Colo."
- Chris Foote, Th Pro Football Archives. Accessed May 5, 2017.
- Jay Howell, Baseball-Reference.com. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Crowe, Jerry. "Fullback Lockwood Has Come Full Cycle : USC: He came here to be a tailback, but he's playing a major role in his new position and learning to like it.", Los Angeles Times, October 19, 1990. Accessed May 4, 2017. "One reason Scott Lockwood turned down a scholarship offer from Colorado after an all-star career at Fairview High School in Boulder, Colo., was that the Buffaloes wanted him to play fullback."
- Rusch, Emilie. "Former NFL player named CEO of Broomfield-based Famous Brands; Dustin Lyman, who attended Fairview High School in Boulder, joined Famous Brands in 2013", Denver Post, September 21, 2016. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Renck, Troy E. "John Mozeliak of Boulder rose quickly to GM of St. Louis Cardinals", Denver Post, October 28, 2013, updated April 28, 2016. " John Mozeliak entered Major League Baseball through a side door as the assistant of anything available. Two decades later, the Fairview High School graduate is at the center of everything with the St. Louis Cardinals."
- "Chuck Pagano, graduate of Boulder's Fairview High, hired as Indianapolis Colts coach", Daily Camera, January 25, 2012.
- John Pagano bio Archived 22 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine at San Diego Chargers (accessed 2012-12-22).
- "Cat Zingano UFC Bio". Ufc.com. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Margo Hayes Climbs La Rambla, Becomes First Woman to Send 5.15a". Climbing Magazine. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- Garcia, Mark (6 June 2017). "Astronaut Jessica Watkins". NASA. Retrieved 5 April 2020.