Fairfield Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania
Fairfield Township, Crawford County,
Location of Fairfield Township in Crawford County
Location of Crawford County in Pennsylvania
|• Total||19.34 sq mi (50.08 km2)|
|• Land||19.32 sq mi (50.03 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
 (southeast corner of township south of Cochranton)
|1,510 ft (460 m)|
 (French Creek)
|1,050 ft (320 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||50.99/sq mi (19.69/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (EDT)|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Fairfield Township is located in southern Crawford County, bordered to the south by Mercer County. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 19.34 square miles (50.08 km2), of which 19.32 square miles (50.03 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.05 km2), or 0.10%, is water. French Creek, a tributary of the Allegheny River, forms the northeast boundary of the township, and Conneaut Outlet, a tributary of French Creek, forms the northwest boundary. The borough of Cochranton borders the township to the northeast.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,104 people, 423 households, and 321 families residing in the township. The population density was 56.8 people per square mile (21.9/km²). There were 570 housing units at an average density of 29.4/sq mi (11.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.37% White, 0.18% African American, 0.18% Native American, 0.09% Asian, 0.09% Pacific Islander, and 0.09% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.54% of the population.
There were 423 households, out of which 30.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.2% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.9% were non-families. 21.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the township the population was spread out, with 24.1% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 28.3% from 25 to 44, 25.5% from 45 to 64, and 14.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females, there were 99.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $34,955, and the median income for a family was $42,375. Males had a median income of $31,094 versus $19,519 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,783. About 8.6% of families and 10.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 5.5% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Pine Knoll Topo Map, Crawford County PA (Cochranton Area)". TopoZone. Locality, LLC. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- Bureau, U. S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. US Census Bureau. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Fairfield township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.