FK Donji Srem
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)
|Full name||FK Donji Srem 2015|
|Ground||Suvača Sportcenter, Pećinci|
|League||Vojvodina League East|
|2017–18||Vojvodina League East, 4th|
The club was initially established under the name Borac Pećinci in 1927. With time, the location of Pećinci begins to have more and more features of an urban area contributing mostly for this the proximity to the important Belgrade-Zagreb highway by which the Serbian, and former Yugoslav, capital city of Belgrade is just 41 kilometers away. Other important factors for the town development were the progress of economy, culture, sports and education in the region.
With the promotion of the town of Pećinci into center of the municipality much human and material support were attributed into disposition for the progress and development of football, with the club of FK Donji Srem its primary exponent, culminating with the promotion to the Serbian League Vojvodina in 2009. The most important contributors for this success were the main financial supporters of the club, Milenko Đurđević and Milan Aleksić.
In the season 2010–11, Donji Srem won the Serbian League Vojvodina, achieving promotion to the national second tier, the Serbian First League. In 2011–12, they beat all the odds and rolled to finish as runners-up in the Serbian First League, earning a historical first time promotion to top tier Serbian SuperLiga for 2012–13.
In the SuperLiga, they famously upset FK Partizan 2–1 in the second round of the 2012–13 season. Donji Srem spent three years in the SuperLiga. They finally suffered relegation in 2014–15 after a number of controversial results went against them, including losing 3–2 away to Spartak Subotica where Spartak were awarded two late penalties.
Club's home ground is known as Suvača Sportcenter. This sport complex is currently under reconstruction. After renovation stadium will have 3,500 seats. In the 2012–13 season, Donji Srem played their home games in Novi Sad at Karađorđe Stadium.
Honours and achievementsEdit
|Club president||Milan Aleksić|
|Sports director||Dragan Despotović|
|General secretary||Milica Smiljanić|
The former players have made appearances for A national teams:
- Rade Krunić
- Almedin Ziljkić
- Abubakar Moro
- Omega Roberts
- Stefan Aškovski
- Miloš Bogunović
- Anđelko Đuričić
For the list of former and current players with Wikipedia article, please see: Category:FK Donji Srem players.
- Bogić Bogićević (July 1, 2011 – May 17, 2013)
- Vladimir Naić (May 19, 2013 – May 27, 2013)
- Ljubomir Ristovski (May 28, 2013 – Sept 1, 2013)
- Vlado Čapljić (Sept 2, 2013 – June 2, 2014)
- Nenad Vanić (June 5, 2014 – November 3, 2014)
- Zlatomir Zagorčić (October 19, 2014 – March 16, 2015)
- Nebojša Vučković (March 18, 2015 – April 8, 2015)
- Zoran Govedarica (April 14, 2015 – June 30, 2015)
- Dušan Kljajić (June 6, 2015 – June 30, 2016)
- Tomislav Ćirković (February 14, 2016 – June 16, 2017)
- Nebojša Jovanović (June 17, 2017 – today)
Kit manufacturers and shirt sponsorsEdit
|Period||Kit Manufacturer||Shirt Sponsor|
- Club history Archived 2011-04-11 at the Wayback Machine at club's official website.
- "JSL: Donji Srem šokirao šampiona" (in Serbian). mondo.rs. 18 August 2012.
- "Serbia 2014/15".
- "U Subotici penal u 94, protest, tuča..." (in Serbian). mondo.rs. 15 May 2015.
- "Tuča navijača u Novom Sadu". 27 October 2012.
- FK Donji Srem 2015
- srbijasport.net – FK Donji Srem 2015 – Pećinci
- Donji Srem Pećinci at National-Football-Teams.com
- Official website (in Serbian)