List of FBI field offices(Redirected from FBI field office)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) operates 56 field offices in major cities throughout the United States and in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Many of these offices are further subdivided into smaller resident agencies which have jurisdiction over a specific area. These resident agencies are considered to be part of the primary field offices. FBI Headquarters, located in Washington, D.C., controls the flow of the agents and support staff that work out of the field offices across the country. Each field office is overseen by a Special Agent in Charge (SAC), except those located in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington, D.C., which due to their large size are managed by an Assistant Director in Charge (ADIC), assisted by SACs responsible for specific programs or departments.
- Birmingham: Serves the counties of Bibb, De Kalb, Lauderdale, St. Clair, Blount, Etowah, Lawrence, Shelby, Calhoun, Fayette, Limestone, Sumter, Cherokee, Franklin, Madison, Talladega, Clay, Greene, Marion, Tuscaloosa, Cleburne, Jackson, Marshall, Walker, Colbert, Jefferson, Morgan, Winston, Cullman, Lamar and Pickens. Four Resident Agencies in Florence, Gadsden, Huntsville and Tuscaloosa.
- Mobile: Serves the counties of Autauga, Coffee, Geneva, Monroe, Baldwin, Conecuh, Hale, Montgomery, Barbour, Coosa, Henry, Perry, Bullock, Covington, Houston, Pike, Butler, Crenshaw, Lee, Randolph, Chambers, Dale, Lowndes, Russell, Chilton, Dallas, Macon, Tallapoosa, Choctaw, Elmore, Marengo, Washington, Clarke, Escambia, Mobile and Wilcox. Five Resident Agencies in Auburn, Dothan, Monroeville, Montgomery, and Selma.
- Los Angeles: Serves Camp Roberts, Edwards Air Force Base and the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Riverside, and Ventura. Resident Agencies in Lancaster, LAX, Long Beach, Palm Springs, Riverside, Santa Maria, Santa Ana, Ventura, Victorville and West Covina. Located inside the Wilshire Federal Building.
- Sacramento: Serves Yosemite National Park and the counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Lassen, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba. Resident agencies in Bakersfield, Chico, Fairfield, Fresno, Redding, South Lake Tahoe, and Stockton
- San Diego: Serves the counties of Imperial and San Diego. Resident agencies in Imperial and North County.
- San Francisco: Serves the counties of: Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo and Sonoma. Resident agencies in Concord, Fortuna, Monterey Bay, Oakland, Palo Alto, San Jose and Santa Rosa.
- Jacksonville: Serves the counties of Alachua, Escambia, Lafayette, St. Johns, Baker, Flagler, Lake, Santa Rosa, Bay, Franklin, Leon, Sumter, Bradford, Gadsden, Levy, Suwannee, Calhoun, Gilchrist, Liberty, Taylor, Citrus, Gulf, Madison, Union, Clay, Hamilton, Marion, Volusia, Columbia, Holmes, Nassau, Wakulla, Dixie, Jackson, Okaloosa, Walton, Duval, Jefferson, Putnam, and Washington. Resident agencies in Daytona Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Gainesville, Ocala, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee.
- Miami (Miramar): Serves the counties of Broward, Highlands, Indian River, Monroe, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade, Martin, Okeechobee, and St. Lucie. Resident agencies in Fort Pierce, Homestead, Key West and West Palm Beach.
- Tampa (FBI Tampa Field Office): Serves the counties of Brevard, Hardee, Manatee, Pinellas, Charlotte, Hendry, Orange, Polk, Collier, Hernando, Osceola, Sarasota, De Soto, Hillsborough, Pasco, Seminole, Glades, and Lee. Resident agencies in Clearwater, Fort Myers, Lakeland, Melbourne, Naples, Orlando and Sarasota.
- Chicago: Serves the counties of Boone, Grundy, La Salle, Whiteside, Carroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Will, Cook, Kane, McHenry, Winnebago, De Kalb, Kendall, Ogle, Du Page, Lake, and Stephenson. Resident agencies in Lisle, Orland Park, Rockford, and Rolling Meadows.
- Springfield: All other counties in Illinois. Resident agencies in Champaign, Decatur, Fairview Heights, Marion, Peoria and Quad Cities.
- Kansas City: Serves all of Kansas and the Missouri counties of Andrew, Atchison, Barry, Barton, Bates, Benton, Boone, Buchanan, Caldwell, Callaway, Camden, Carroll, Cass, Cedar, Christian, Clay, Clinton, Cole, Cooper, Dade, Dallas, Daviess, De Kalb, Douglas, Gentry, Greene, Grundy, Harrison, Henry, Hickory, Holt, Howard, Howell, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Livingston, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Newton, Nodaway, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pettis, Platte, Polk, Pulaski, Putnam, Ray, Saline, St. Clair, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Webster, Worth and Wright. Resident agencies in Garden City, Jefferson City, Joplin, Manhattan, St. Joseph, Springfield, Topeka and Wichita.
- St. Louis: The city of St. Louis and the counties of Adair, Audrain, Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Chariton, Clark, Crawford, Dent, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconad, Iron, Jefferson, Knox, Lewis, Lincoln, Linn, Macon, Madison, Maries, Marion, Mississippi, Monroe, Montgomery, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Ralls, Randolph, Reynolds, Ripley, Sainte Geneviev, Schuyler, Scotland, Scott, Shannon, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, Stoddard, Warren, Washington and Wayne. Resident agencies in Cape Girardeau, Kirksville and Rolla.
- Albany: Serves all of Vermont and the New York Counties of Albany, Broome, Cayuga, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, St. Lawrence, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren and Washington. Resident agencies in Binghamton, Burlington, Ithaca, Plattsburgh, Rutland, Syracuse and Utica
- Buffalo (FBI Buffalo Field Office): Serves the counties of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Chemung, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates. Resident agencies in Elmira, Jamestown and Rochester.
- New York City: Serves the City of New York (counties of the Bronx, New York, Richmond, Queens & Kings) and the counties of Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan and Westchester. Resident agencies in Brooklyn, Goshen, JFK Airport, Melville and Rye (formerly located in White Plains).
- Cincinnati: Serves the counties of Adams, Athens, Belmont, Brown, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Coshocton, Darke, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Gallia, Greene, Guernsey, Hamilton, Harrison, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Jefferson, Knox, Lawrence, Licking, Logan, Madison, Meigs, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Morrow, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Preble, Ross, Scioto, Shelby, Union, Vinton, Warren, and Washington. Resident agencies in Athens, Cambridge, Columbus, Dayton and Portsmouth.
- Cleveland (FBI Cleveland Field Office): Serves the counties of Allen, Fulton, Mahoning, Seneca, Ashland, Geauga, Marion, Stark, Ashtabula, Hancock, Medina, Summit, Auglaize, Hardin, Mercer, Trumbull, Carroll, Henry, Ottawa, Tuscarawas, Columbiana, Holmes, Paulding, Van Wert, Crawford, Huron, Portage, Wayne, Cuyahoga, Lake, Putnam, Williams, Defiance, Lorain, Richland, Wood, Erie, Lucas, Sandusky, and Wyandot. Resident agencies in Akron, Canton, Lima, Mansfield, Painesville, Sandusky, Toledo and Youngstown.
- Philadelphia: Serves the Pennsylvania counties of Adams, Berks, Bradford, Bucks, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Delaware, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Montgomery, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne, and Wyoming, and the New Jersey counties of Camden, Gloucester, and Salem. Eight resident agencies, in Allentown, Cherry Hill, Fort Washington, Harrisburg, Newtown Square, Scranton, State College and Williamsport.
- Pittsburgh: Serves all of West Virginia and the Pennsylvania counties of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Green, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland. Ten resident agencies, in Beckley, Charleroi, Charleston, Clarksburg, Cranberry Township, Erie, Huntington, Laurel Highlands, Martinsburg and Wheeling.
- Knoxville: Serves the counties of Anderson, Bedford, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Coffee, Franklin, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Lincoln, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Moore, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, Van Buren, Warren, and Washington. Resident agencies in Chattanooga, Johnson City, Oak Ridge and Tullahoma
- Memphis: Serves the counties of Benton, Cannon, Carroll, Cheatham, Chester, Clay, Crockett, Cumberland, Davidson, DeKalb, Decatur, Dickson, Dyer, Fayette, Fentress, Gibson, Giles, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lake, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Lewis, Macon, Madison, Marshall, Maury, McNairy, Montgomery, Obion, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Shelby, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Tipton, Trousdale, Wayne, Weakley, White, Williamson and Wilson. Resident agencies in Clarksville, Columbia, Cookeville, Jackson, and Nashville.
- Dallas: Serves the counties of: Dallas, Allen, Ellis, Kaufman, Navarro, Brown, Callahan, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Howard, Jones, Mills, Mitchell, Nolan, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor, Throckmorton, Armstrong, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Childress, Collingsworth, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Donley, Gray, Hall, Hansford, Hartley, Hemphill, Hutchinson, Lipscomb, Moore, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, Sherman, Swisher, Wheeler, Comanche, Erath, Hood, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, Wise, Collin, Denton, Hunt, Rockwall, Bailey, Brown, Cochran, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens, Floyd, Gaines, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Kent, lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Motley, Scurry, Terry, Yoakum, Angelina, Houston, Nacogdoches, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Trinity, Tyler, Brown, Coke, Coleman, Concho, Crockett, Glasscock, Irion, Menard, Reagan, Runnels, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, Tom Green, Cooke, Delta, Fannin, Grayson, Lamar, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Franklin, Hopkins, Morris, Red River, Titus, Anderson, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Marion, Panola, Rains, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt, Wood, Archer, Baylor, Clay, Cottle, Foard, Hardeman, Jack, King, Knox, Montague, Wichita, Wilbarger and Young. Twelve resident agencies, in Abilene, Amarillo, DFW Airport, Fort Worth, Frisco, Lubbock, Lufkin, San Angelo, Sherman, Texarkana, Tyler and Witchita Falls.
- El Paso: Serves the counties of: El Paso, Culberson, Hudspeth, Andrews, Brewster, Crane, Ector, Jeff Davis, Loving, Martin, Midland, Pecos, Presidio, Reeves, Upton, Ward and Winkler. Two resident agencies, in Alpine and Midland.
- Houston: Serves the counties of: Harris, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, Austin, Brazos, Colorado, Fayette, Grimes, Madison, Waller, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleburg, Live Oak, Nueces, San Patricio, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Matagorda, Wharton, Calhoun, Goliad, DeWitt, Jackson, Lavaca, Refugio and Victoria. Six resident agencies, in Beaumont, Bryan, Corpus Christi and Texas City.
- San Antonio: Serves the counties of: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzalez, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Wilson, Bastrop, Blanco, Burleson, Burnett, Caldwell, Hays, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, McCullough, San Saba, Travis, Washington, Williamson, Cameron, Willacy, Dimmitt, Edwards, Kinney, Maverick, Terrell, Val Verde, Zavala, Jim Hogg, LaSalle, McMullen, Webb, Zapata, Hidalgo, Starr, Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Freestone, Hamilton, Hill, Leon, Limestone, McLennan, Milam and Robertson. Six resident agencies, in Austin, Brownsville, Del Rio, Laredo, McAllen and Waco.
- Norfolk: Serves Fort Monroe and the counties of Accomack, Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, Northampton, Southampton, and York, plus the independent cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg. One resident agency, in Newport News
- Richmond: Serves Dahlgren Naval Center, Fort A. P. Hill and all cities and counties not covered by either the Norfolk or Washington, D.C. office. Resident agencies in Bristol, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Winchester.
- Washington, D.C.: District of Columbia and the Navy Annex, plus the Virginia counties of Fauquier, Arlington, Prince William, Fairfax (City and County) and Loudoun. It also serves cities and towns including Quantico, Warrenton, Falls Church, Alexandria, Manassas, Leesburg and Vienna. One resident agency, in Manassas.