F.I.R. (TV series)
F.I.R. is an Indian television sitcom that aired from 31 July 2006 to 23 January 2015, on SAB TV. The show was produced by Edit 2 Productions . It was nominated for the Best Sitcom category at the Indian Telly Awards in 2009. The sitcom was set in a police station.
|Written by||Amit Aryan|
|Directed by||Shashank Bali|
|Theme music composer||Gaurav Vaswani|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1,323|
|Executive producer(s)||Sayed Khan Ahemad|
|Producer(s)||Benaifer Kohli |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Edit 2 Productions|
|Original network||SAB TV|
|Original release||31 July 2006 –|
23 January 2015
F.I.R. is a situational comedy serial centered on a Haryanvi female police officer named Chandramukhi Chautala (Kavita Kaushik) and her three subordinates, Head Constable Gopinath Gandothra (Gopi Bhalla), Constable Mulayam Singh Gulgule (Kiku Sharda) and Constable Billu (Sandeep Anand), who later joined the Chowki. The show depicted their lives as they try to solve every case which comes to Imman Chowki, Ravanpur.
New cases come to the police station in every episode. An individual or a group come with a complaint or a problem. The problem generally has nothing to do with police. It may be a case of love, divorce, snoring, or bad cooking. Chandramukhi Chautala and her constables solve the case successfully though the case has nothing to do with their official duties as police officers.
The show also had some love angles of Chandramukhi Chautala with the Chief Inspectors (with one at a time) of Imman Chowki. First was Hanuman Prasad Pandey (Shiv Pandit) which was one sided from Chandramukhi, second was Raj Aaryan (Ali Asgar) which was one sided from Raj, and third was Bajrang Pandey (Aamir Ali), both he and Chandramukhi love each other but Bajrang fears to admit his love.
The show took a 20-year leap on 16 March 2013, when Kavita Kaushik, who played the lead role of Chandramukhi Chautala, departed from the show and Jwalamukhi Chautala (Chitrashi Rawat) was introduced as Chandramukhi's daughter, who reveals that Chandramukhi got married with Bajrang Pandey. This 20 year leap story wasn't much praised by fans and show started suffering losses, so within less than 4 months after the 20 year leap (approx. 70 episodes), the changes of 20 year leap were reverted on 8 July 2013 and the incidents which occurred in the 20 year leap were converted into constable Gopi's dream and the show then continued along with Chandramukhi Chautala's (Kavita Kaushik's) return and after some months Gulgule (Kiku Sharda) and Bajrang (Aamir Ali) too returned one by one in the show.
- Kavita Kaushik as Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala
- Shiv Panditt as Chief Inspector Hanuman Pandey (2006-2008)
- Aamir Ali as Chief Inspector Bajrang Pandey (2011-2013, 2014-2015)
- Gopi Bhalla as Head Constable Gopinath Gandotra
- Kiku Sharda as Constable Mulayam Singh Gulgule
- Divyaalakshmi as sub inspector Jokila Shah(Joki)
- Sandeep Anand as Constable Billu (Also as a victim and a villain in older episodes)
- Suresh Chatwal as Commissioner Suraj Agnihotri
- Daya Shankar Pandey as TV reporter for kab tak (initial episodes)
- Shekhar Shukla as Victim (Various characters)
- Manju Brijnandan Sharma as Victim's relative (Various characters)
- Naveen Bawa as Villain (Various characters)
- Vaibhav Mathur as Victims (Various characters)
- Sapna Sikarwar as Victim's relative (Various characters)
- Mahika Sharma as Victim
- Umesh Bajpai as Villain (Various characters)
- Yogesh Tripathi as Villain (Various characters)
- Deepesh Bhan as Villain (Various Characters)
- Shiv Panditt as Chief Inspector Hanuman Prasad Pandey Aka Makkhan Singh (2006–2008)
- Ali Asgar as Senior Inspector Raj Aaryan (2009–2011)
- Vipul Roy as Senior Inspector Bhola Pandit (2013–2014)
- Bharti Singh as Superintendent Kamsin Aaha (2012)
- Garima Ajmani as Kokila Shah (Koki) Unconfirmed
- Anup Upadhyay as Various Characters
- Amit Bhatt as Various Characters
- Elena Lukienko as Various Characters
- Mohit Mattu as Constable Carryon Gandotra (2013)
- Nirmal Soni as Constable Malpua Gulgule (2013)
- Chitrashi Rawat as Inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala (2013)
- Dilip Joshi as various characters
- Karan Grover as Karan
- Juhi Parmar as Meera Malhotra
- Rakesh Bedi as various characters
- Kamya Panjabi as Bhanu Mitra
- Zarina Wahab as bajrang pandey's mother
- Lappi Luthra (Gopi's Love Interest)
- "Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Female)". indiantelevision.com. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016.
- "A space you must visit to experience an amusing and entertaining comedy". sabtv.com.
- Chandramukhi encounters ghost. Times of India. 26 November 2014
- Chandramukhi Chautala’s F.I.R. completes 8 years on TV. Times of India. 1 August 2014.
- F.I.R: Wedding bells for Chandramukhi?. Times of India. 9 October 2014.
- FIR will see Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in a bad mood?. Times of India. 31 August 2014.
- FIR: Chandramukhi Chautala turns traffic cop. Times of India. 6 June 2014
- Kavita Kaushik back on F.I.R.. NDTV India. 28 June 2013.
- Kavita Kaushik back as Chandramukhi Chautala on F.I.R.! - चंद्रमुखी चौटाला करेंगी 'FIR' में वापसी! - Amar Ujala. Amar Ujala. 2013.